• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Man City to sue PL

If I were a City fan, I’d just embrace the club’s villain status

Has to be less exhausting than trying to argue that they are actually a force for good

You’ve bought the league, so what?

If you’re my age you’ve seen your club in League One and been through every low as well as every high

Embrace what your club is

Enjoy it even

This is your time, and if you’re old enough you paid many a penance to get here

Just stop trying to argue this as anything other than you guys winning the lottery and breaking the league at the same time

Be the villains. At least then you can live honestly
Im all over this arguments. Man City fans of of my age have supported them while Man Utd sang mocking songs about “city are a massive club”. They went down the divisions and came back up.
I can’t say I’m happy about their owners, but I can’t begrudge them their time in the sun. And I really enjoy watching them.
My take is that mother teresa isn’t running the clubs below them, they are just as nasty, run for profit.
There are 92 clubs in the league, and Man City is affecting the the top 6 prospects. The rest of the clubs are all muddling along struggling to survive. There will always be a richer club and where is the line.

Hearing date for their 115 charges set, and on the same day they sue the PL, based on the rules surrounding what I assume will show massively inflated revenue (and therefore inflated profit) on their part?

Let’s see how the old “in for a penny…” strategy plays out for them, Cotton.
What date is that? Can't see anything at all about Citeh on the BBC football site.

I’m sure I heard on the radio that the PL are putting all efforts into fighting City’s law suit, you wonder if it’s a deliberate ploy by city to get the PL to take their eye of the ball with retro the 115 charges.

What date is that? Can't see anything at all about Citeh on the BBC football site.
When I first saw this on twitter first thing I did was look on the BBC Football website and saw nowt.
Seems there's still nothing on there without me looking.
Of course it'll be the Beeb and their newly formed Verify squad combing through the article making sure its all bona fide before they themselves comment

Below is what I said in May.

"Funnelling owner funds and pretending it came from sponsorships deals to inflate revenue and unfairly show a healthy business as shown in leaked emails by DER SPIEGEL in 2018. Is money laundering 101. And it is cheating and why both UEFA and the Premier League believe they deserve heavy punishment."

Today shows Man City knew what they have done is wrong. Only by claiming the laws they broke are unlawful is the only hope of avoiding major punishments.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back