Man City v Everton. 6th Dec at 17.30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
CB's don't create goal scoring chances, We had one proper shot on goal in 95 mins today, Our attacking options in the middle of the park are shocking

No but they can make space by moving forward with the ball creating an extra body that needs addressing by the opposition, this leaves more room for the midfield to find pockets of space between their midfield and defence. I agree our final ball need to be better.

Even look at the match report on the Sky website

City broke the deadlock inside 25 minutes, though, as Toure slid a pass through for Milner and the midfielder got a touch on the ball before Jagielka came across to make a challenge. Referee Andre Marriner pointed to the spot straight away and Toure coolly slotted the penalty into the bottom corner.

And not a single mention of a single bad challenge or red card missed
So they quoted Redknapp's crap as gospel
Idiots!

Ultimately, Martin Tyler hit the nail on the head. Poor City were up against it and had to go with what they had against a powerful Everton side at absolute full strength. The character City displayed had him crying and shaking.

The kindest thing I can say about Tyler and Marriner is that they haven't been quite the same since Elm Guest House shut down.
I wish someone would do to Tyler what the ref done to us today.

At least most of the team won't play until next Monday which should hopefully be enough time for McCarthy and Naismith to come back. The midweek game should also help some of our long term injured Oviedo/Gibson/Alcaraz/Kone get closer to full fitness as well.

Would bring in alcaraz against Qpr, especially since its at home and they miss austin, play Barkley next to besic if McCarthy isnt fit in time, put Kone on the bench for extra firepower if needed, and play 2 proper wingers

Fair play to Pellegrini, in not so many words said it may not have been a penalty and was lucky not to have 2 reds. Always comes across as a decent bloke, which means he won't be at City much longer.
Fair play to Milner as well, he didn't claim it was a penalty the ref made his own mind up. He also didn't make a big deal of the elbow that could have seen Barry get a red.

Agree , any foreign or RS player would have been rolling around on the ground clutching his face after that elbow in the head and I Would have had no complaints had that been a red card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back