• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Man City vs. Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC has a good article, says that the Yids owner is very shrewed and knows the trapfalls over over spending. So he wont be splashing out and go overboard as some would think.

They have to get into the group stages to be fair, which is where the big money is. Then the bigger cash is after the group stages. Overall, they still have to qualify to make a little bit of change. -

Similarly, Spurs or City are about to discover that qualifying in fourth place is only half the battle. Uefa has rejigged the qualification format to help teams from smaller nations reach the lucrative group phase and make it harder for those from the more established nations to progress. Last year, Arsenal faced a tricky two-legged play-off with Celtic, and dangerous opponents will be lurking in next season's competition at the same stage.

Add to this the spending cap coming in -

But even if City or Tottenham do progress past such dangers, their hopes of enjoying prolonged success over several seasons in Europe could be undermined. Not by a rejuvenated Liverpool, or other challengers such as Aston Villa and Everton, but by Uefa's Financial Fair Play Initiative, a crackdown on what Uefa president Michel Platini regards as "financial doping".

From 2012 to 2015, spending by wealthy owners like Sheikh Mansour will be restricted to covering total losses of up to £40m, falling to £30m from 2015-2018. City's owner, it has been estimated, would eventually be allowed to invest less than £10m a year in the club.

I still think Harry will need to sell before buying. I think he will have a clear out this summer.

Now, all the bloody spurs are out of the closets saying that they are the best team in the world.
I hate their fans. probably worse than newcastle ones.

Now, all the bloody spurs are out of the closets saying that they are the best team in the world.
I hate their fans. probably worse than newcastle ones.

They will be, bad whoppers.

They're only in it cos Liverpool are badly [Poor language removed].

to spend for a 1st shot at c.l. would be suicide, the amount on offer far outweighs the amount required to spend unless you get to 1/4's or semis, that is proved by how little Rangers got after going out and then getting to final of europa.

These foreign cats don't go all spendthrift like English clubs do (excluding the very big boys), even when you do it on a regular basis it's still a fine line, we don't need to look too far for the perfect example tbh. Spuds are building a new ground, c.l. money without lashing out can help them in that respect firstly, and then big crowds equalling big incomes can provide down the line.

For me , if a team is good enough to finish top 4 in the prem then they shouldn't need to rebuild for Europe.

Glad Spurs got it.

If City got it, they would have been unstoppable. Literally any player they wanted they could have had.

And I doubt Wobbly head will strengthen too much. Seems to like the team he has at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back