• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Man U v Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, more cheating going on at Old Trafford. I hate Spurs, I really do. But I hate Man U more, and I hate Man U at home.

I hate the way the fans sing about people or are not there. Like giving scousers abuse (Liverpool FC), yet forget that Wayne Rooney is a scouser.

I hate the way that they sing about Cantona, and Roy Keane. They left moons ago.

There just tossers, apart from the lad who comes on this forum.

But I hate the fact that ref's completely bottle it every single time they go to that ground.

Nani is a cheating, horrible little [Poor language removed].

But that, as crazy as it was, was a goal. Clattenburg didn't give a free kick, Gomes thought he did, he put it down, but in actuality it was still in play, so Nani (fair play for realising what had happened) sticks it in the back of the net.

Clattenburg should have given a free kick, as Nani clearly handballed it, thinking he'd got a pen (went down easy for me as well), but he did not, so the blame rests on Gomes.

Cracking stuff for a neutral though.

Nani is a cheating, horrible little [Poor language removed].

But that, as crazy as it was, was a goal. Clattenburg didn't give a free kick, Gomes thought he did, he put it down, but in actuality it was still in play, so Nani (fair play for realising what had happened) sticks it in the back of the net.

Clattenburg should have given a free kick, as Nani clearly handballed it, thinking he'd got a pen (went down easy for me as well), but he did not, so the blame rests on Gomes.

Cracking stuff for a neutral though.

Yeah but Gomes clearly thought the ref had given the free-kick, it's what should be construed as a let in football. Nani didn't do anything to warrant that goal, and Gomes didn't do anything wrong to concede it. It was just confusion, and common sense by a plank of a ref should have prevailed. But you don't disallow goals at Old Trafford for the home team.

Omg anything for an argument you.

Its clearly our song. Everyone knows it is. Even if we wernt the ultimate first ones to sing it , it is ours now. Just like YNWA for Liverpool. You wouldnt expect other fans to sing YNWA now would you (cept from celtic). Same with GOT, its widely known as being related to us.

So I think my question is justified. Good day to you sir.

Who also sing grandoldteam and have a far greater claim on it tbh, the players sang it at the Inter players in the tunnel in Lisbon, when they won the european cup, they had a 40th anniversary shirt with it on BEFORE we put it on ours.

Yeah but Gomes clearly thought the ref had given the free-kick, it's what should be construed as a let in football. Nani didn't do anything to warrant that goal, and Gomes didn't do anything wrong to concede it. It was just confusion, and common sense by a plank of a ref should have prevailed. But you don't disallow goals at Old Trafford for the home team.

Technically though, "common sense" at that point, would have been to disallow a valid goal. He can't retroactively give the free kick, he'd already given a goal kick, so that wouldn't be common sense at all. I think your united hatred is blinding you. It was a contentious goal, and Spurs fans are right to feel agrieved, but technically the goal was fine. It was him not giving the free kick before.

Which admittedly, probably happens a lot, but most keepers won't stick the ball down with an opposition player behind them when it's not a free kick. And most players won't have the wit/cheek to smack it in the back of the net.

Technically though, "common sense" at that point, would have been to disallow a valid goal. He can't retroactively give the free kick, he'd already given a goal kick, so that wouldn't be common sense at all. I think your united hatred is blinding you. It was a contentious goal, and Spurs fans are right to feel agrieved, but technically the goal was fine. It was him not giving the free kick before.

Which admittedly, probably happens a lot, but most keepers won't stick the ball down with an opposition player behind them when it's not a free kick. And most players won't have the wit/cheek to smack it in the back of the net.

This is the thing I am talking about mate. It's not that it's a technically valid goal, that's not the issue. The issue is that the goalkeeper clearly thought it was a free kick, otherwise he wouldn't have just dropped it down so Nani could bang it in an empty net.

For me it's like when Di Canio noticed our keeper was injured and so he caught the ball. He didn't take advantage of a situation, unlike Nani did. And then he goes off with his tongue out, I would ripped it right out of his head.

Schamooon mother ****er!

This is the thing I am talking about mate. It's not that it's a technically valid goal, that's not the issue. The issue is that the goalkeeper clearly thought it was a free kick, otherwise he wouldn't have just dropped it down so Nani could bang it in an empty net.

For me it's like when Di Canio noticed our keeper was injured and so he caught the ball. He didn't take advantage of a situation, unlike Nani did. And then he goes off with his tongue out, I would ripped it right out of his head.

Schamooon mother ****er!

It's not like that at all though. Our keeper being injured was not his fault -- he was injured. Gomes' stupidity, or lack of awareness, is his own fault.

ANY player who would have realised what had happened, would have smacked it in the back of the net. It wouldn't be sporting not to -- it would just be you not realising what had happened.

It's one of those things, anyway. It's not going to happen again any time soon, so no point getting all hot and bothered. Especially when there's nothing to prove -- united were winning comfortably anyway, and Nani is a cheating little bellend, there's no debate there.

It's not like that at all though. Our keeper being injured was not his fault -- he was injured. Gomes' stupidity, or lack of awareness, is his own fault.

ANY player who would have realised what had happened, would have smacked it in the back of the net. It wouldn't be sporting not to -- it would just be you not realising what had happened.

It's one of those things, anyway. It's not going to happen again any time soon, so no point getting all hot and bothered. Especially when there's nothing to prove -- united were winning comfortably anyway, and Nani is a cheating little bellend, there's no debate there.

He thought it was a free kick, he saw Nani handle the ball, he may well have heard a whistle. I don't think he has been stupid, perhaps he needs to be more cautious, but the ref should have seen that he clearly thought a free kick had been given.

The linesman even had his flag up for gods sake. He had an opportunity, but he wanted to be infamous as all ref's do.

He thought it was a free kick, he saw Nani handle the ball, he may well have heard a whistle. I don't think he has been stupid, perhaps he needs to be more cautious, but the ref should have seen that he clearly thought a free kick had been given.

The linesman even had his flag up for gods sake. He had an opportunity, but he wanted to be infamous as all ref's do.

The linesman raised his flag, after all of the spurs players ran over screaming!

Who says refs are always on united's side?*

*they usually are, mind, but folding to the spurs players is as bad as folding to Fergie etc.

The linesman raised his flag, after all of the spurs players ran over screaming!

Who says refs are always on united's side?*

*they usually are, mind, but folding to the spurs players is as bad as folding to Fergie etc.

Are you saying the linesman put the flag up because the Spurs players were chasing him?

Spurs have good reason to feel aggrieved at Old Trafford, it's not just been one semi-contenious issue. They have all been ludicrous decisions.

Are you saying the linesman put the flag up because the Spurs players were chasing him?

Spurs have good reason to feel aggrieved at Old Trafford, it's not just been one semi-contenious issue. They have all been ludicrous decisions.

I'm saying it influenced his decsion.

If it didn't, then he's one sloooooow thinker.

Refs do fold to united at old trafford though, true. I'm just saying in this particular case, I don't think that was an element. I think it was just a one-off crazy scenario.

I'm saying it influenced his decsion.

If it didn't, then he's one sloooooow thinker.

Refs do fold to united at old trafford though, true. I'm just saying in this particular case, I don't think that was an element. I think it was just a one-off crazy scenario.

I don't agree. Common sense should have prevailed. But that's the attitude of the Premier League, supposed to be a fair play sport, well it isn't.

I don't agree. Common sense should have prevailed. But that's the attitude of the Premier League, supposed to be a fair play sport, well it isn't.

Common sense and referees are mutually exclusive concepts, these days.

Just look at our game today. Should have had a pen, they should have had a goal, we should have had X amount of free kicks, we shouldn't have had all our corners blown for imaginary infringements... etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back