Man Utd 0-1 Everton. 4th Dec @ 19.45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a good feeling. Hoping we do these bastards.

In saying that; we'd need to play the best we've played all season.

Its great to see us Evertonians actually fancying our chances against Man Utd for the first time in years. Just shows what the Martinez effect is having on us.

I do believe this is a game that can swing either way. RVP if playing will cause us endless problems aswell as the one and only once a blue Rooney. I still believe our defence is a bit suspect and I have concerns about Oviedo. I have a sneaky feeling they will target him as a weak link. This is going to be a big test for him because if we are honest he did not have too much defending to do against Stoke albeit he was excellent going forward. We have nothing to fear about this game but its going to be touch and go. If we get beat with a positive performance I will not mind as the team is still learning the Martinez ways and Barry and McCarthy have to get a grip of the likes of Rooney dropping off. I really can't call this game but that in itself is a positive because previous years this game was just written off because of our manager just wanted to get out alive.

To get out alive, what a defeatist attitude to have, dearie dearie , think it was more a peashooter to a gun fight, unbelieible.

If van Persie plays we're in trouble. Even if it's *just* Rooney it'll be an uphill task.

Yeah I agree. I'm loving all of the optimism, but lest we forget - irrespective of Moyes - we're heading to the home of the current champions tonight, who are unbeaten in 12 & tonight will probably see the return of their star striker.

I've no doubt that we're going to have a go, but a point would still be a good result.

Howard
Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines
Barry McCarthy
Deulofeu Barkley Pienaar
Lukaku

Is the team i'd be playing for this, with Mirallas coming off the bench with 30 minutes to go. Deulofeu deserves to start after his last performance and the only reason Oviedo gets benched again is we have Baines.

Deulofeu should start from the off, the lad is on form and can cope with 2 games within a week.

If we go for experiance we could end up loosing a close game.

Tough call that one, as there's a world of difference to making your PL debut at home to Stoke, to then playing away at United.

Not sure whether I'd prefer to see him coming off the bench, full of confidence & eager to get in behind an ageing & by that point - tired - United back line.

In a sense the result is almost secondary, Jags.

We believe we can go there and win.

When did we last feel so bullish abiut a trip to Old Trafford?

A year ago a week in which we faced successive away trips to United and Arsenal with five days would have had us biting our nails.

Now we can't wait to see our new, progressive blue boys get out there and go toe to toe with them.

Yes, we may lose tonight.....but the times they are a' changing, as a certain Mr. Zimmerman once said (y)

No.. the result is more important, 3 points and a win is far more important than the style we beat United. Plenty of games coming up for a nice passing game.
If we play well that's the icing on the cake, but to lose against United when we are in this form because we over commited in attack would be a big mistake.
3 points > 1 point> 0 points regardless of style against this lot.
Fortunately he'll make sure we both get the points and do it well I am sure.

The game will be won in midfield.

If it's Fellaini & Cleverley I think we will have a great chance of winning this battle, early goal would be brilliant also so their fans start to get on their backs, I can see them going 5 in midfield though with maybe Giggs, Fellaini & Cleverley playing.

COYB!

Howard
Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines
Barry McCarthy
Deulofeu Barkley Pienaar
Lukaku

Is the team i'd be playing for this, with Mirallas coming off the bench with 30 minutes to go. Deulofeu deserves to start after his last performance and the only reason Oviedo gets benched again is we have Baines.

Baines is injured so may have to settle for the goal and assist providing, clean sheet getting Oviedo in his place, hard times :)

No one seems to be talking about Fellaini's possible influence.

I have a feeling he's going to have a really good game tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back