Man Utd 0-1 Everton. 4th Dec @ 19.45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as we go there and play how we have all season, I will be content whatever the outcome. We went to City and played ok but lost. United aren't in that class, far from it. I just hope the players carry the belief they can do it and not revert to the old mentality we aren't good enough to win there. I know Bobby will be telling the players this is their moment to lay down a marker. Our season will not be dictated by getting results at OT or Emirates as most teams in the league around us will struggle there too. However, if we can get a win at either or a couple of draws, we will be taken more and more seriously in race for 4th. This is probably the game I want us to win more than any other this season.

The best thing about this season so far is we're dead near the top despite the fact we've dropped probably at least eight points from games we drew when we hammered the opposition and should have won. Hopefully as the season progresses and the team further clicks into gear and adjusts to Martinez's method of playing there will be fewer frustrating draws and more games we grind out a victory from. It's been a joy to experience the Martinez era, light years away from dinosaur Moyes.

Long may it continue.

Would be huge for belief and momentum if we can win.

Although I am not saying we are going to win, we really should go for it. We are good enough too.
Bobby has won at some pretty big grounds in his career - I personally think the resting of Mirallas and Barkely is enough to convince me we will go for it and I think Martinez can smell blood.

Martinez will know what a win over United and Moyes (lets face it - there is some personal edge to it) will do to the club and fans.

As long as we have a go, play to our strengths then thats all we can ask for. If we do that, we have a good chance of a result in my opinion.

have a feeling this might be like that time when lescott lefto man city and then we went to the etihad and smashed them 2-0 i think with cahill scoring

Excellent write up Chico. I'm more excited about this game than the Derby. In fact if you'd wanted to wind the RS up you could have refered to it as a Derby. We are going to outplay these and come away with 3 points. DM will be crapping himself.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back