Match Thread Man Utd v Everton. Saturday Oct 2nd.12.30 pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thrilled mind you

re: Davies, it’s just despair and sadness because I loved his fighting spirit when he came into the first team. Can’t see it now.

Th announcer on the US feed called Gray a “proper Toffee” when he came off and our section at the ground was blowing the home fans out of their seats with their ovation. My daughter asked me what that meant and I tried to explain it in terms of dedication, will to win, graft, spirit, taking on board the fans’ pride in wearing the shirt…

don’t see that with Tom and it makes me sad. For him too mind you.
I really am thrilled with this game, I just wish that he’d put that right past DeG, and we’d all be singing his name- for his sake.

and with that, let’s leave it , it’s a bad distraction from what should be a great game thread

I’m just shocked at how good Townsend has been for us. I understood his signing but never envisaged what impact he has had. Really good pro and top marks for trolling Ronaldo ?
I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but a quote from Kevin Campbell came to mind. "Sometimes at clubs it just clicks... at Everton it just clicks."

I am thrilled mind you

re: Davies, it’s just despair and sadness because I loved his fighting spirit when he came into the first team. Can’t see it now.

Th announcer on the US feed called Gray a “proper Toffee” when he came off and our section at the ground was blowing the home fans out of their seats with their ovation. My daughter asked me what that meant and I tried to explain it in terms of dedication, will to win, graft, spirit, taking on board the fans’ pride in wearing the shirt…

don’t see that with Tom and it makes me sad. For him too mind you.
I guess I haven't been watching Everton long enough because I don't see Davies the same way. I see him as another football player giving the best for this shirt but he is always getting hammered here not matter what he does. Maybe he feels the lack of love from the fans and it is some of them the ones that have dampen his fighting spirit.

In that moment, you saw the result of all the moaning he’s faced from Evertonians. He didn’t want to be the guy who missed it.

….it has absolutely nothing to do with fans moaning. Posters moan on forums because he sadly fails to deliver. He can only turn that situation around himself, I can’t have that it’s the fault of the fans.

Most professionals relish being in that position, he didn’t fancy it. He hit a pea roller penalty at QPR that would’ve come back to him had he hit it up Everton Brow. Its basic, but Davies is a very poor striker of a football.

Blaming the fans is putting the horse before the cart, he needs to turn the situation around.

Full disclosure I have Davies name is m a shirt I’ve always been a huge booster. Let’s give him that he’s getting praised for his vision if it’s not offside. Give him also that he’s at an angle and the keeper has positioned himself well and is doing his job.

Still:

This is crap. You’re a professional PL footballer and a Toffee with the ball on your foot in front of an open goal at 86’ of a level game at Old Flipping Trafford. Bury that thing.
He should’ve finished it, I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.