Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I drove past the Etihad yesterday and it's a beast of a structure...do you think players get a bit awed by it?

There’s zero atmosphere there, in fact I’d say it was one of the most sterile grounds in the league considering what they’re being served up. I think teams get awed by their capability but certainly not by the ground or the atmosphere. I work with a lot of City fans and they’ve been going since the 70’s....they moan about having moaners in the crowd now who jeer and moan when they don’t score four in the first ten minutes. It’s not a ground where the fans initimidate the opposition, far from it.

If this match goes as expected, at least I won't have to put up with that tiresome and annoying 'Everton that' nonsense next week.

As somebody commented earlier in the thread, we've generally played at our opponents level all season. I expect us to play much better today than the last two home games, probably ending in defeat with some generous plaudits from kopite tv.

It's on Blues, toughest game of the season, we need a lift after the last week, not the place to be going for that lift but it's not impossible, if we can stifle them possibly could nick one. Normally I'd be scared to death but I actually think we have a good back 5 so if Gana and Gomes turn up who knows, we may cause an upset.

If I’m brutally honest, when city’s 4th goes in after 20 minutes I won’t be in the least bit arsed. City have to win the league, it’s for the greater football good. what that lot across the park don’t realise is, it will unbearable not just for us but for the rest of the footballing world if they win it. The utter mutants.

Anyway it’ll be peak Everton when Gomes slots the second in the 89th minute in an Everton 0-2 win.

Status
Not open for further replies.