Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Held on for a point despite being under seige for most of the game. But my god are we in a bad shape? We can't pass a ball, there's no desire or hunger, there's no guile or skill, there's no intelligent movement. I just don't know how we move forward.
I can see where you are coming from, Rodri scores that late header we are lamenting the fact we can't hold possession. At times it was awful, needless passes, Maupay,Gray, Mykolenko and Onana showed nothing but panic in those final few minutes. Maupay was so panic stricken his legs wouldn't even move him...

We need to cut our losses with him and pray someone panic buys him ?

Brilliant result but counts for very little if we don't beat Brighton next up
This is typical Everton, pull something like this out of the bag, a point, a precious one at that, then we will play Brighton and embarrass ourselves, instead of actually turning up!

I am certain we will lose to Brighton..

We should be setting up like that every game from now. Get behind the ball and counter. Don’t try and be the team with the ball. It’s futile
We did something similar at Spurs and, if it wasn't for poor finishing, we could have been 2-0 up at half-time. We're much better on the counter.

The problem is, at home we can't play like that against most teams as they won't come at us like City and others do.

It was class.

The knock on Gray hasn’t been his talent, but his decision making, right? Always rash. He was plenty composed here, even slipped and straightened himself with the ball at his feet before calmly sticking it upper 90.

He faded late, looks like he has a muscle issue, but he was solid.
Summed it up perfectly, his decision making is his flaw. Got bags of talent but can be infuriating, gave the ball away needlessly at times when under the gosh.... Marvelous goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back