Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just watched the whole game. Undoubtedly Gray deserves a MoM shout for his fine individual goal, and overall performance, but I've gone for Jordan Pickford as my choice. An immense performance from England's number one.
I haven't read through all the comments on this thread, but I hope there aren't any of the usual "bunch of cowards unfit to wear the shirt" shouts. Every one of those players stood up to be counted, none of them shirked their responsibility. I just hope this isn't a one-off.

Oh yes, one more thing - the referee was poor, but he always is.

I didn't vote in the poll last night, although I was tempted to vote for Gray for the obvious reason i.e. the goal. Having now seen the full match, I have still voted for Demarai Gray.
Even without the goal I feel that he would certainly have still been in contention. Great attitude from the lad throughout.
The positive effects of confidence can never be under-rated in football. Hopefully this performance may spur him (and the team) on to a run of consistancy.

I really thought Man City would beat us by 3 or 4, I didn’t expect us to score. I am more than happy to be proven wrong. While I am more than content with a point away at the home of the Champions I am not foolish enough to think that this point changes our season but it does give us a bit of hope that things are improving. Having DCL or a new centre forward will be a major plus, if we can hold the ball up at the top end of the park it allows time for defenders to get a breather and to reorganise themselves. Next couple of games gives us an opportunity to put some points on the board.

Absolutely shocked we are fist on MOTD, but even more shocked that they did not show the KDB assault or Haalands ’tackle’.

Yet more evidence that the obvious bias we have all commented on are there.
Shearer stuck his oar in plenty "there`s Godfrey giving Haaland another kick" when Godfrey barely touched him. Maupay got tackled in the same way yet nothing. Which way do MOTD want it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back