Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That was a hard fought 0 points, we defended well for a long period. What’s going on with DCL? He could not hold the ball up at all and his passing was awful.

How are you mate?

Not a bad day results wise at all.
Hello mate...I am very well and thank you for asking ... I'm hoping you are similarly sanguine. Results today?...very good relatively speaking. I must confess to being a bit conspiratorial about events this season and the subsisting agenda against our PL status, so I maintain a a somewhat resigned comportment toward the season's day to day, but hey-ho, we shall see how things pan out.
Regardless, the sun will rise tomorrow, and so long as I am alive to greet it, I'll keep being grateful

I’d rather be competitive in the championship and enjoy watching us PLAY football, not defend and concede possession every single week with the slowest counter attacking forward
IMG_0540.jpeg

Lets not forget when modern football started. When the biggest and most successful clubs at the time wanted a bigger slice of the pie and sod everyone else. When the original scabs of football screwed over the football league and the smaller clubs and started the Prem. You bleat about modern football when your club were one of the instigators of it.
This is sadly true, we set up our own downfall with the greed that created the Premier League. We were part of the so called ‘Big 5’ and yet within a couple of years we had become just another average to [Poor language removed] team. Depressing but true. Can’t really point at City and any others with money and talk about greed when we helped to start the money obsessed league that we have today.

All I can say is that there a lot of very fine performances against probably the best side in Europe given our limitations. Once they scored the first goal there was no chance of us getting back but there was no lack of willingness to try. I was torn between Branthwaite and Tarkowski for MoM but have gone for Tarks, with Idrissa not far behind.

While on the subject of Tarks, he started the game as match captain so I don't understand this handing over the armband to Seamus when he came on. Seamus is, quite rightly, club captain and that doesn't change just because he didn't start the game. Tarks was captain at kick off and should keep the armband until the end unless he's substituted (as if that would happen!)

Hello mate...I am very well and thank you for asking ... I'm hoping you are similarly sanguine. Results today?...very good relatively speaking. I must confess to being a bit conspiratorial about events this season and the subsisting agenda against our PL status, so I maintain a a somewhat resigned comportment toward the season's day to day, but hey-ho, we shall see how things pan out.
Regardless, the sun will rise tomorrow, and so long as I am alive to greet it, I'll keep being grateful
Good to way to view things in general. It’s difficult to take football seriously now with all the off the field skullduggery. The sport is gone and won’t be back.