• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Manchester United

De Ligt will be moved on within 18 months again, his early promise was unreal...but he has not improved at all.

For me, he is too big. When he was younger, he had not filled out so was slimmer and faster....now he has grown into his body, its not ideal for the level needed.

Italy is the ultimate test if you are a defender, its an art in Italy even if you are slow....and it showed their that he lacked the actual defensive know-how.

He had clearly relied on his size and relative pace as a youngster, but that leveled out.

I dunno. He's solid enough. Think the Spitter hung him out to dry a bit on Monday. As a team they're a mess without the ball and have been under Ten Jarg.

You can see when they win it, they're set up nice for triangles and move up the pitch.

The examples on Monday were all counter attacks where IMO only an elite CB would maybe get any change out of.

But I will say it could be another odd recruitment as you bring in CBs to partner another and they work off each other strengths and weaknesses. I don't see who partners him.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back