Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually have to credit your sheer bloody mindedness, I don’t think I have ever seen you just admit you are talking crap

fact is, if no marcel at Everton Richie would be here, if no Marco at Everton he wouldn’t
There's too many moving parts in that scenario to sum it up in two sentences.

If brands was never here, Richie still would be
If silva never here Richie wouldn’t be

correct?

Nope.

As I said earlier, Brands tried to sign Richarlison for PSV.

But we dont need to deal in what ifs, the fact of the matter is that Marcel Brands is the Director of Football, hes in charge of ALL football-related decisions. He signs all the players and picks all the managers and will do for the next 10 years or so.

Nope.

As I said earlier, Brands tried to sign Richarlison for PSV.

But we dont need to deal in what ifs, the fact of the matter is that Marcel Brands is the Director of Football, hes in charge of ALL football-related decisions. He signs all the players and picks all the managers and will do for the next 10 years or so.
Ok, so you think honestly that if Marco never came here Richie would still be here?

do you think if brands never came here Richie would be here?

it is clear as day that Marco was going to get him as soon as he joined us no matter who the dof

The point is crim, Marco wanted Richie that’s why he is here, he is not a brands discovery in any way
So what? Brands is the one that got him here. Managers can recommend players, scouts can recommend players. Say he didn't buy Richarlison. Would we be worse off? That's 40M-50M for him to spend. Would we be better off with James Maddisson for 23M? Fabian Ruiz for 27M? Kondogbia or Rodri both went for like 20-22M. We need a CB? Pezzella and Izzo both went for like 9M. Hell, Genoa bought BOTH Kouname AND Piatek for a combined 9M that summer I beileve. Lautaro Martinez went for like roughly what Maddison did.

I don't know, but he bought Richarlison. It's his job. He wasn't just going to do whatever Silva wanted him to do. He's Silva's boss. That would be silly.

Ok, so you think honestly that if Marco never came here Richie would still be here?

it is clear as day that Marco was going to get him as soon as he joined us no matter who the dof

Would have loved to see him negotiate the price with Watford.

Anyway, we wont agree, this isnt me moving the goalposts either, ive said from Day 1 that Brands is in charge of recruitment.

Under Walsh it all seemed a bit wishy washy, with Koeman signing players, Kenwright signing players, even Moshiri.

But this is Brands show, you cant take players away cos they dont fit an agenda, Brands takes the blame for Alex Iwobi, but he takes the credit for Digne, Richarlison, etc, etc.

This is my opinion and nothing will ever change that, im not saying im right and im not saying im wrong, but thats what I believe and will continue to believe.

Ok, but with Carlo it's clear that we are going to get some players that want to work with him, too. Why did we get a bunch of Brazilians? Having a Portuguese manager probably helped. That's not a slight on Brands, that's just being smart.

Got to say his business last summer isn't looking too great at the moment.

Iwobi hasn't impressed beyond about two games.

Delph is either crocked or having it out with the support online.

Kean has needed time to adjust and hasn't hit the ground running which is really what we needed.

Sidibe looks great one day and hopeless the next.

G'Bamin sounds like he won't kick a ball again this season if the rumors are true.

Got to say his business last summer isn't looking too great at the moment.

Iwobi hasn't impressed beyond about two games.

Delph is either crocked or having it out with the support online.

Kean has needed time to adjust and hasn't hit the ground running which is really what we needed.

Sidibe looks great one day and hopeless the next.

G'Bamin sounds like he won't kick a ball again this season if the rumors are true.

i'm pretty sure he didnt buy these players with the idea for this season more long term planning. i know its not what we needed but look at the players we have bought it the past few years, the likes of bolasie,niasse,tosun,snides,martina to name a few players who have played a decent amount of games because they was "what we needed" at the time. didnt exactly work for them. yes i want players in this window. but i also want a different approach to what we have had since martinez days. we have spent close to 500m since moshri and what players have we really got like yeah i'm glad we have him? atleast half of the first team for me, but 500m?? lets let anceloshi properly evaluate and get the right players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back