Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think he refused to deal tbh, as Ancelotti said himself at the presser, they both felt that there wasn’t a good enough opportunity available which is both heartening in that they weren’t going to just spend for spending sake and disheartening in that no one at the club will be doing dances around USMFF that weren’t able to bring fresh blood in
He's said on the record he doesn't do deals in January "because there isn't any value". Liverpool got a pretty handy player for £7m, Dries Mertens was available for £5-10m, Sander Berge went to Sheffield United(granted more than we would have 'liked' to have spent but he's a really talented player in a position we desperately need), etc.

He's said on the record he doesn't do deals in January "because there isn't any value". Liverpool got a pretty handy player for £7m, Dries Mertens was available for £5-10m, Sander Berge went to Sheffield United(granted more than we would have 'liked' to have spent but he's a really talented player in a position we desperately need), etc.

Yeah that player Liverpool bought looks worse than Bolasie so far.

And up till now Mertens is still a Napoli player.

Berge might have been an option, apart from the fact that hes not creative so would be a pointless signing.

apart from the CB issue, What else was poor?
Really? Brought in a player that was out of shape without any physical done in Iwobi because he panicked. Brought in Delph who is nothing like most here had been saying ("LEADER! MAN CITY IMPORTANT PLAYER!"). Didn't bring in an experienced striker. We were short in CM before Gblammo went down because there wasn't any idea how he would adapt.

Yeah that player Liverpool bought looks worse than Bolasie so far.

And up till now Mertens is still a Napoli player.

Berge might have been an option, apart from the fact that hes not creative so would be a pointless signing.
He's a DM who can move to CM later in the match, he wins most challenges and likes to carry the ball forward out of trouble instead of passing backwards. But besides those things we have been missing, yeah, completely pointless.

He's a DM who can move to CM later in the match, he wins most challenges and likes to carry the ball forward out of trouble instead of passing backwards. But besides those things we have been missing, yeah, completely pointless.

We will see what he is in the next 12 months.

As I say for the price I might have been interested, but till he proves it hes no better than Delph, Snides or Davies.

Lossl
Delph
Iwobi

Only those signings - Kean and Gbamin also unknowns at this stage.
Lossl was a free signing for a back up keeper hardly the biggest cross against his name.
Delph is a toss up, We were probably hoping for a winners mentality experienced leader type since we have a pretty young squad but it's backfired massively, He's played okay some games and crap the others so meh.
Iwobi, I personally like him and think he can be a decent player he's showed some decent things imo and not sure why people want to write him off so early, The money for him was a bit steep but when you buy from other premier league club it can fall into this price range,

I don't have a particular issue with not signing anyone in this window.

Unquestionably though Brands seems to be on a downward trend.

He will be here two years by this summer.

What has happened to scouting and looking for value in the market in particular?

Far too many of the signings have been middle of the road types, known quantities with little potential for improvement, over-priced for what they can contribute, and with falling value.

At a time where we need to focus on younger players and value, they seem to be in short supply.

I don't have a particular issue with not signing anyone in this window.

Unquestionably though Brands seems to be on a downward trend.

He will be here two years by this summer.

What has happened to scouting and looking for value in the market in particular?

Far too many of the signings have been middle of the road types, known quantities with little potential for improvement, over-priced for what they can contribute, and with falling value.

At a time where we need to focus on younger players and value, they seem to be in short supply.

This is a parody, right?

He signed Lossl at 30 and Delph at 28, everybody else was 26 or under.

Lossl was a free signing for a back up keeper hardly the biggest cross against his name.
Delph is a toss up, We were probably hoping for a winners mentality experienced leader type since we have a pretty young squad but it's backfired massively, He's played okay some games and crap the others so meh.
Iwobi, I personally like him and think he can be a decent player he's showed some decent things imo and not sure why people want to write him off so early, The money for him was a bit steep but when you buy from other premier league club it can fall into this price range,

Still for £115 million no way have we gotten value for money on our summer signings mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back