Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our best players we're all signed under his tenure (Richarlison, Digne, Gomes, etc). Not every signing can go right but being annoyed at the fella for not forseeing a set of freak circumstances occurring?!

It takes YEARS for a DoF to improve a side to any tangible agree, Michael Edwards for the RS has been in his position since about 2015 and only in the past 18 months or so have they really kicked on.

That’s not true at all

Our best players we're all signed under his tenure (Richarlison, Digne, Gomes, etc). Not every signing can go right but being annoyed at the fella for not forseeing a set of freak circumstances occurring?!

It takes YEARS for a DoF to improve a side to any tangible agree, Michael Edwards for the RS has been in his position since about 2015 and only in the past 18 months or so have they really kicked on.
‘Best players’ we’re 12th in the league and finished 8th last season. I don’t think any of the good teams care about our ‘best players’.

So we give Brands more time to sign players like: Delph, Gbamin, Kean, Iwobi, Sidibe, Lossl, etc?

He’s bought into this never ending five year plan nonsense. The plan involves replacing our better players with inferior players in the hope that they will eventually become good over a five year period so that they can then be sold again. Morons call it ‘resale value’.

Unfortunately, they all end up being dog turd, and leave on a free after stinking the gaff out for five years.

I can understand the criticism tbh. He's signed a lot of players and theres been as many misses as hits. Not to mention the obsession with leaving our business to the very last minute meaning we are never ready for the start of a season.

He needs to step up this summer and sign quality over quantity. And he needs to do it early.

Let’s be honest we’ve rarely been good at getting signings done early, even before the DoF days

I love this never ending cycle we are in where we have good players in a god awful team but hope we can eventually put together a good team at some point to get us Europe and then sell them on to add to a good team.

We’ve not had a good team in 6/7 years we as fans need to ask questions why?

He’s bought into this never ending five year plan nonsense. The plan involves replacing our better players with inferior players in the hope that they will eventually become good over a five year period so that they can then be sold again. Morons call it ‘resale value’.

Unfortunately, they all end up being dog turd, and leave on a free after stinking the gaff out for five years.

‘Best players’ we’re 12th in the league and finished 8th last season. I don’t think any of the good teams care about our ‘best players’.

So we give Brands more time to sign players like: Delph, Gbamin, Kean, Iwobi, Sidibe, Lossl, etc?

Sidibe is only on loan and likely not being kept. Iwobi and Kean are both very young and hardly had time to show what they can really do, Lossl literally hasn't played a minute to make any sort of impression

Brands only outright bad signing so far has been Delph but even then he hardly cost much. The hate he gets for things well beyond his control is ridiculous. Not saying he's great in his role and we're going forwards but it's still far too early to be calling him a failure, he's been here less than 2 years. You simply can't go from a total mess (which we were in 2018 when he arrived) to be pushing for top 4 in that time in today's world.

So we will have to sell Richarlison next summer and we will get a packet for him but it will set us back 2 years in our 5 year plan back to the start.

Something has to change because 6/7 years of nothing says to me we don’t learn from our mistakes

We’ve gave him a top drawer manager to work with now, I’d expect the signings to be better

Kean aside, maybe Gbamin, I get the sense that Silva had a lot more influence on the Iwobi/Delph/Lossl signings. I don’t buy he was sweet on Rojo either, I get the sense that he had decent names in mind for that CB role but Silva was insistent on getting Zouma

5 year plans dont work in modern football. If we dont get it right soon then we lose our best players like Richarlison with nothing to show for it.

I've said it before, but I dont understand the need for a DOF when you have Carlo Ancelotti as manager.

Sidibe is only on loan and likely not being kept. Iwobi and Kean are both very young and hardly had time to show what they can really do, Lossl literally hasn't played a minute to make any sort of impression

Brands only outright bad signing so far has been Delph but even then he hardly cost much. The hate he gets for things well beyond his control is ridiculous. Not saying he's great in his role and we're going forwards but it's still far too early to be calling him a failure, he's been here 18 months FFS.
Iwobi has played over 100 Premier League games and the Arsenal fans were over the moon when we gave them £35m for him. He’s proven nothing here either.

Kean has been overlooked by three different managers this season.

The objective set to Brands was Europe and we’re no closer to it than the day he came in.

Was you behind the decision to sack Walsh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back