Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 year plans dont work in modern football. If we dont get it right soon then we lose our best players like Richarlison with nothing to show for it.

I've said it before, but I dont understand the need for a DOF when you have Carlo Ancelotti as manager.

I said yesterday in the summer thread "we go with what we've got" should be the clubs new motto - loads of our fans have and continue to accept mediocrity year in year out.

Stones, Lukaku, Gana its inevitable Richarlison will be the next to go - he's begging for Rom to come back to realise his dreams of playing CL at Everton but we'll persist with crap like DCL and Kean and wonder why he'll leave to seek success elswhere and the cycle continues.

5 year plans dont work in modern football. If we dont get it right soon then we lose our best players like Richarlison with nothing to show for it.

I've said it before, but I dont understand the need for a DOF when you have Carlo Ancelotti as manager.

All clubs have one but where we’ve gone wrong is jumping in with concrete boots before we were ready to float. When we were turned down by Monchi in 2016 we should have just left it at that for a year or two while the club was in transition then got one in, instead we went ahead with it and hired someone who hadn’t done the role before

I said yesterday in the summer thread "we go with what we've got" should be the clubs new motto - loads of our fans have and continue to accept mediocrity year in year out.

Stones, Lukaku, Gana its inevitable Richarlison will be the next to go - he's begging for Rom to come back to realise his dreams of playing CL at Everton but we'll persist with crap like DCL and Kean and wonder why he'll leave to seek success elswhere and the cycle continues.

Mate you’ve read far too much into that, like most fans did. Lukaku has said himself when asked that it was unlikely to ever happen

Exactly this.

Lukaku did the same but what did we do the summer before he left?

Signed Ashley Williams and Bolasie

Iwobi has played over 100 Premier League games and the Arsenal fans were over the moon when we gave them £35m for him. He’s proven nothing here either.

Kean has been overlooked by three different managers this season.

The objective set to Brands was Europe and we’re no closer to it than the day he came in.

Was you behind the decision to sack Walsh?

I was in favour of sacking Walsh, but that was primarily because of the damage he was doing behind the scenes by getting all his mates jobs (Allardyce, Lee, Pearson). He clearly had a small-time, 'English boys against the world' mentality. Some of his signings were outright disasters, whilst a few others have been good or at least could have been if afforded more time we'll never know. In the end I was happy to part ways with him because he is clearly better suited to being a scout and the club needed someone with more contacts in Europe.

Iwobi has been played in the wrong position most of his career so far, he should be playing off the striker instead of out wide. Still got faith he can come good for us and Ancelotti clearly wants to have a longer look at him. Kean has suitors all over Europe, he is not a crap player. Whether it works out here remains to be seen but to call him a rubbish buy at this point is just plain moronic.

Mate you’ve read far too much into that, like most fans did. Lukaku has said himself when asked that it was unlikely to ever happen

But the point remains mate unless we sort ourselves out Richarlison wont wait around forever for success at EFC he will go elswhere like those before him and its back to square one.

Spectacular mental gymnastics to blame the director of football for a player getting injuries when he had no injury record prior to signing.

I mean really.

When it comes to Everton fans on internet fora, really.

But the point remains mate unless we sort ourselves out Richarlison wont wait around forever for success at EFC he will go elswhere like those before him and its back to square one.

Look at the differences though mate, Koeman willingly let Lukaku go without much of a fight, I don’t see Ancelotti doing the same with Richy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back