Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed Jarrod Branthwaite for 750k. All hail the chief.

I wonder what role Steinsson had in all of this as well. Well, digging deeper than him, a scout called Steve Davis.

Brands got Steinsson to be chief European Scout from Fleetwood and then Davis is our head UK scout who we also got from Fleetwood a few months later.

Would make sense someone like Davis would have a good knowledge of League 1 players ans so on.

100% these are the signings Brands needs to sort for us, hopefully the team he's put in place play a massive part as well.

Was reading the Carlo piece ive just posted in his thread and noticed this for all the people who say "let Carlo do the transfers", he's never done them.

Observation 1: Oversight. Ancelotti has worked for some of the most demanding and involved executives in football. While I have no doubt that Ancelotti has had input at every stop at least in terms of the team needs, he has not been primarily responsible for transfer strategy at many of his clubs with the possible exceptions of Parma and Paris Saint Germain. Just consider the following situations that Carlo has worked under:

• Juventus. Worked under legendary transfer guru, Luciano Moggi.
  • Milan. Worked with one of the most domineering and invasive executives of all time in Silvio Berlusconi, who was very involved if not dominated transfer policy (and everything else).
  • Chelsea. Worked under Roman Abramovich / Frank Amesen as a combo who were primarily responsible for transfer strategy, which included strange Russian player purchases (Yuri Zhirkov) and poor fits (Fernando Torres) with bad market returns.
  • Real Madrid. Worked under domineering Florentino Perez, who likely bought Gareth Bale to set the transfer record at the time amongst other players and seemed to automatically fire managers every year or so.
  • Bayern Munich. Worked under Uli Hoeneß who was a club legend, uber traditional, and was very active – to the extent that he pushed an assistant coach on Ancelotti in Sagnol that might have contributed to him “losing the dressing room”.
  • Napoli. Worked under Aurelio De Laurentis who didn’t seem to lack ego and was heavily involved in club operations. Ancelotti’s lack of support for the De Laurentis imposed November bootcamp probably contributed more to his removal than his team’s performances.

Theres also this.

Young 18 year old BEAST signed.
Young 19 year French Left Back signed
And now potentially the best pressing midfielder in the Premier League signed

Bow to your King peasants.

Branthwaite and Nkounkou are VERY exciting signings imo.

You mock me on numbers BUT if we wanted to boost our squad with the 7 (seven) that i believe we need then id be happy for 3 of them being 18-20 year olds.

If Brands can sort us out a CM and a CB within that age range along with the starters we need i'll be very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back