Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlo has always worked under a DoF so not quite sure why having Carlo means we don't need a DoF?
Difficult to know what he can add,I'm sure Ancelotti knows what he wants as far as the teams tactics,and the players who will fit his plans. As Brands hasn't exactly found all the hidden gems of European football we were led to expect,it's hard to know what he contributes.

Difficult to know what he can add,I'm sure Ancelotti knows what he wants as far as the teams tactics,and the players who will fit his plans. As Brands hasn't exactly found all the hidden gems of European football we were led to expect,it's hard to know what he contributes.

Director's of Football aren't in a job solely for transfers.

Pergaps his last window to make an impression...

Rid of the fodder

And no misses in the window

Clear improvement on the pitch

If not gone by Xmas.....

I really don't want to criticise him, but the transfers don't seem to be following a strategy yet..right?

Digne, Gomes and Mina were great ideas...they will work eventually
Then some really young players (that's always a risk)
But then Iwobi? and if we also go for Zaha..i don't see the big clever strategy that he's bringing from his previous job, unless Moshiri and Kenwright are not really letting him work
Richarlison was arguably Silva's decision, so the real test for Brands is to turnover the squad, and sell, deal and refresh, not just buy talent

I suppose that makes sense. I don't recall the same thing happening with Walsh, though.

I'm hoping it's to have proper football brains on the board, as opposed to sentimental mush for brains blue tinted glasses of Kenwright, and the shotgun revolving chair approach of Moshiri. DBB is good I'm sure but not a football expert, and the CFO also is a business man, so it makes sense to have him on the board.

I really don't want to criticise him, but the transfers don't seem to be following a strategy yet..right?

Digne, Gomes and Mina were great ideas...they will work eventually
Then some really young players (that's always a risk)
But then Iwobi? and if we also go for Zaha..i don't see the big clever strategy that he's bringing from his previous job, unless Moshiri and Kenwright are not really letting him work
Richarlison was arguably Silva's decision, so the real test for Brands is to turnover the squad, and sell, deal and refresh, not just buy talent

Doesn’t Iwobi fall into the same strategy of Digne, Gomes & Mina?

We also aren’t signing Zaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back