Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d expect tension and can’t blame moshiri for getting involved. Let’s face it Digne and richarlison apart brands recruitment has been massively Underwhelming. He’s paid a Kings ransom and has bought utter rubbish like iwobi for 35m
Think you'll find that Iwobi was a Moshiri folly signing, not Brands.

Let's not pretend Moshiri wanted Alex Iowbi.

I mean, there's absolutely nothing for a billionaire owner to look at and think "We need that lad". He's utter toss at everything.

Zaha you could understand an owner being keen to get in as he can beat a man, draw fouls and is capable of outstanding games (here and there). Iwobi is just consistently shyte at absolutely everything.

Iwobi is a Brands signing through and through.

I mean, there's absolutely nothing for a billionaire owner to look at and think "We need that lad". He's utter toss at everything.

Zaha you could understand an owner being keen to get in as he can beat a man, draw fouls and is capable of outstanding games (here and there). Iwobi is just consistently shyte at absolutely everything.

I have no particular opinion as to who initiated the signing, but just to be clear.... your argument is that the utterly useless player (by your own estimation) is more likely to have been picked by the DOF with a ~ decade long track record in that role, than by the footballing neophyte with (let's be honest) a track record of questionable judgement?

It's not that wild of a thought though is it, It's well document Moshiri was a big fan of Tosun when he watched Besiktas vs Monaco.

Funny how Richarlison was a Brands signing cuz he is boss when Silva is his step dad whilst Iwobi is a Moshiri one as he's tosh

You saying Silva signed Richarlison is no different to others saying Moshiri signed Iwobi.

Im glad you realise how stupid it is.

Brands is 100% responsible for every signing we make.

There is no grey area.

You saying Silva signed Richarlison is no different to others saying Moshiri signed Iwobi.

Im glad you realise how stupid it is.

Brands is 100% responsible for every signing we make.

There is no grey area.

The difference is managers have alot more influence.

Silva wanting Richarlison is akin to Ancelotti wanting Allan - Brands may rate both but Im not having that neither manager hasn't had a big input in the club pursuing those two players.

I wouldn't be shocked if Moshiri was chasing big name players like Zaha to make a "statement" but no way he thought Iwobi was that name signing imo.

The difference is managers have alot more influence.

Silva wanting Richarlison is akin to Ancelotti wanting Allan - Brands may rate both but Im not having that neither manager hasn't had a big input in the club pursuing those two players.

I wouldn't be shocked if Moshiri was chasing big name players like Zaha to make a "statement" but no way he thought Iwobi was that name signing imo.
Managers influence signings, thats not even up for debate, but Brands is the 1 that ticks it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back