Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brands will move in the market when Raiola tells him he has a cast off he cant shift.

Circa £30M for a player either slightly better or slightly worse than bang average.

His method is disreputable. All the talk about an industry respected figure and an 'architect' is pure spin. He's been found out as a leaden footed plodder who sees obvious cash 'solutions' to rejuvenating our squad and cant think outside the box. FFS, if someone like me on a footy forum can see that our first team squad could be improved by the addition for a few million of a lad from Hearts, who eventually European clubs have swooped for, then why cant he?

He's an expensive, clueless flop.

The fact is that they’ve had loans out before and they can again if we pay a percentage of the wages. It is better than paying the lot.

Brands has a job to do and he is not doing it.

Does he just get a free pass and can just have a sit off for a year because no one would want them?

Remember that covid has impacted a lot of clubs who could now not really afford to pay their share of wages for overpaid players. Look at Valencia for example, a proud and historic club who can’t even pay their own players

Whilst I think Brands has made mistakes I wonder, as an example, where are the results of his world wide established scouting network? Spoken of in the media, as I recall, not long after his appointment.

I also think, on balance, it is a major problem for any DOF who would be appointed, to deal with our finances should we get rid of him and it would not necessarily bring about progress.

I, like many Blues, am frustrated but keep reminding myself that over the years our business management has been woeful. That is the main reason why we languish mid table.

It seems to me that even if Moshiri were able/prepared to further invest, at this time, the Premier League's own rules regarding trading losses(FFP) would cause problems longer term over this.

There are in my view, 2 absolute essentials;

1. Although obvious, make every effort to remove the deadwood from the playing staff and in future, purchase players who have been identified as able to play in a style and pattern laid down by the club's manager..

2. Deliver the new Stadium which as we know is essential to our development out of mediocrity.

My thoughts FWIW as we continue on with the trials and tribulations of being a blue

If only we got Monchi instead of Steve Walsh...

My opinion on Brands is the same as day one. Meh. There's just something about the Dutch league...

To be fair to him there's very valid restrictions on him but then I look at the players he has spent money on and I'm not convinced. It seems a strategy of fridge players from top clubs.

Managers have also said he didn't adequately back them and I'm also not sure on Gretar Steinsson.

Thought he was going to be much better, must admit, everything seemed so impressive, the last thing i was expecting was delph and iwobi and chasing the likes of marcus rojo. As I've said before, we could have stuck with walsh if that's where we were planning on going.

If only we got Monchi instead of Steve Walsh...

My opinion on Brands is the same as day one. Meh. There's just something about the Dutch league...

To be fair to him there's very valid restrictions on him but then I look at the players he has spent money on and I'm not convinced. It seems a strategy of fridge players from top clubs.

Managers have also said he didn't adequately back them and I'm also not sure on Gretar Steinsson.

He'd be more use as back up right back than a scout.

Our desperate targeting of Rojo at the end of a summer window, that was wasted chasing Zouma (when it was blatantly obvious that Chelsea wouldn't sell due to their transfer ban), sums up our recruitment really.

Clueless 'strategy' followed by a desperate scramble for ANYTHING at the last minute.

How much has he already spent on our midfield?

Gomes, Iwobi, Gbamin, Delph...

Must be about 80-90 million?

In fairness to him, Gomes was quality the first year, we all wanted him to stay, the price we paid was reasonable. He has a little dip in form then had his leg snapped in two. Gbamin cant be a criticism as nobody could have predicted he would get a horror injury. I cant bear Delph but he was only £8mill and you can see the appeal with his signing.

Where are all the south american ballers for pennies you fraud

Work permits are the issue to Brands biggest market. Maybe that should have been a warning sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back