Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would anyone want to pay our crap players to play for them?
The fact is that they’ve had loans out before and they can again if we pay a percentage of the wages. It is better than paying the lot.

Brands has a job to do and he is not doing it.

Does he just get a free pass and can just have a sit off for a year because no one would want them?

The fact is that they’ve had loans out before and they can again if we pay a percentage of the wages. It is better than paying the lot.

Brands has a job to do and he is not doing it.

Does he just get a free pass and can just have a sit off for a year because no one would want them?

I mean they've been loaned out and then nobody has come in for them permanently because they're crap, or in Besic's case his agent demanded too much in wages from Sheff Utd.

There's only so much that can be done when it comes to shifting utter tosh that nobody wants and happen to be on big wages with us. There has to be leeway from all parties involved.

I think it’s far more likely to be FFP limitations.

I agree FFP is the problem - but I have little sympathy when we have numerous options to get around it.

1. Players like Kenny/Davies/Bernard who we can sell for a tidy profit on the books but seem unable or are asking for unrealistic fees

2. Richarlison likely sold for a massive fee next summer

3. USM naming rights deal which could be structured to be paid to the club from next season per yr or even a lump sum up front ie. 200 million over 10 years with 50 million paid upfront and the rest over the remaining years etc.

Plenty of ways to avert it - the cold hard truth is that the club NEED to back Ancelotti this summer not next- by hook or by crook.

Use any of the means above or do a wolves and take a slap on the wrist and a 500k fine.

Im simply not watching this same bunch of cowards put in no fight next season and if I feel that way then someone like Ancelotti who could get a gig at most clubs in Europe I imagine will feel the same.

He isnt here to be made a fool out of.

If only we got Monchi instead of Steve Walsh...

My opinion on Brands is the same as day one. Meh. There's just something about the Dutch league...

To be fair to him there's very valid restrictions on him but then I look at the players he has spent money on and I'm not convinced. It seems a strategy of fridge players from top clubs.

Managers have also said he didn't adequately back them and I'm also not sure on Gretar Steinsson.

I mean they've been loaned out and then nobody has come in for them permanently because they're crap, or in Besic's case his agent demanded too much in wages from Sheff Utd.

There's only so much that can be done when it comes to shifting utter tosh that nobody wants and happen to be on big wages with us. There has to be leeway from all parties involved.
That doesn’t prevent further loan moves, does it? If no one is coming in for them then it could be due to the fees we are demanding.

If only we got Monchi instead of Steve Walsh...

My opinion on Brands is the same as day one. Meh. There's just something about the Dutch league...

To be fair to him there's very valid restrictions on him but then I look at the players he has spent money on and I'm not convinced. It seems a strategy of fridge players from top clubs.

Managers have also said he didn't adequately back them and I'm also not sure on Gretar Steinsson.

yeah the story on Steinsson rang all sorts of alarms for me if accurate.

Also took Davis from Fleetwood.

I mean, Fleetwood.

yeah it’s an odd one, I do know fleetwood do get high praise for how they ran their scouting and their network, which is fine, for their level.

our level and the scouting required is a different ballgame. The story of Steinsson just came across completely amateurish

The writing was on the wall last summer after Iwobi and a late attempt to loan Rojo , the failures to get Gabriel and Holjberg (even if he wasn’t to blame) might not look great to Moshiri.
Think he’ll be gone next summer when his contract runs out.

If we’re going to lose players like Niasse on free transfer anyway, why not terminate their contract a year before?

It would cost a fair bit, plus the player could sue for unfair termination. We either get a small fee, loan them or the player buys himself out of his contract and the likes of Bolasie and Besic aren’t looking the sort to do that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back