Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he doesn't. Brands has to free up the crap investments that Walsh and Koeman made. Moshiri splashed a lot of money already.
And he messed up and now has to pump more money to make up for his mistakes. Cut the squad yes, but he needs at least one player who is a cut above the rest.

This time last year we had lukaku and Barkley, we knew we could sell for money if need be. Don't have that cushion this time round.

It's part of his job to shift them.

People seem to be forgetting this.

I like to imagine, he has a list of the current squad on the wall in his office, with the ones he doesn`t want, scored through in big red felt pen, which can visibly seen to all through the windows of his office.

Of course it's his job to try and flog them but if noone will give us anything for Bolasie, on huge wages, post ACL rupture but will take him on a loan and cover a pwrxenperc of his wages, there'll be blood and balls about how we are getting ripped off.

Then there's Klaassen who has done nothono to suggest that he can make it in any league which has a degree of physical aggression. He's probably on a fat packet of too.

So yeah, he could flog them for buttons but that isn't really a good business model is it? Buy expensive, sell at a loss one year later. Especially when there's also Sandro, Keane and Sig you could put in the mix.

Of course it's his job to try and flog them but if noone will give us anything for Bolasie, on huge wages, post ACL rupture but will take him on a loan and cover a pwrxenperc of his wages, there'll be blood and balls about how we are getting ripped off.

Then there's Klaassen who has done nothono to suggest that he can make it in any league which has a degree of physical aggression. He's probably on a fat packet of too.

So yeah, he could flog them for buttons but that isn't really a good business model is it? Buy expensive, sell at a loss one year later. Especially when there's also Sandro, Keane and Sig you could put in the mix.
Couldn`t agree more mate, but unfortunately beggars can`t be choosers.

It`s a question of damage limitation now and trying to sort out the mess Walsh and Koemans left behind as best as we can.

I liken Brands' conundrum to a "My father paid double the asking price and upkeep for this 10 year old car, would you like to buy it at that same price? Please?" situation.

No instead we just continue to loan them out until their contracts expire like Galloway?

Sod that, hold out for an actual bid and take the loss on the chin.

Loaning these players out just delays solving the problem. He's got a whole summer to try and shift them, why settle for a loan right now?

If he isn't able to convince another team to pay us actual money for them I'll be disappointed. A loan does very little but make it next year's problem while the asset depreciates as their contracts run down.

No instead we just continue to loan them out until their contracts expire like Galloway?

Sod that, hold out for an actual bid and take the loss on the chin.

Loaning these players out just delays solving the problem. He's got a whole summer to try and shift them, why settle for a loan right now?

If he isn't able to convince another team to pay us actual money for them I'll be disappointed. A loan does very little but make it next year's problem while the asset depreciates as their contracts run down.
Maybe there`s a fire and theft policy on them like a car ?

So last resort if you can`t shift them, kidnap them and bump them off or as a last resort drive them out to a field in the middle of nowhere and set fire to them.

If loans are the best Marcel is able to do to get rid of Klaassen and Bolasie I won't be impressed.

There must be someone we can motivate to pay a fee.
Not an expert like, but, I think it does us less harm from a ffp perspective to loan out players than to sell for a massive loss. I think if we got anybody to buy these two players at this moment in time, it would be at a massive loss.

Maybe there`s a fire and theft policy on them like a car ?

So last resort if you can`t shift them, kidnap them and bump them off or as a last resort drive them out to a field in the middle of nowhere and set fire to them.
I suspect we will find out soon with Mirallas.

It isn't really an ideal solution to continue trying to find some team to take him on loan for a portion of his wages til his contract expires. Better to just take the hit and get some sort of return on him now rather than continue pissing money away on a portion of his wages. That's how I feel about all of these loan deals.

Not an expert like, but, I think it does us less harm from a ffp perspective to loan out players than to sell for a massive loss. I think if we got anybody to buy these two players at this moment in time, it would be at a massive loss.

The accounting tricks around players and balance sheets isnt as cut and dried as we bought for £28m, sold for £8m, ergo, £20m "Loss".

The fee we paid is shown as a % each year over the term of a players contract. So a £10m, 5 year deal player, is £2m a year item on the accounts. Selling said player for say £5m, might show a profit if we sold in year 4.

That said, thats accounts. Its still actual money being lost in reality.

I think.

The accounting tricks around players and balance sheets isnt as cut and dried as we bought for £28m, sold for £8m, ergo, £20m "Loss".

The fee we paid is shown as a % each year over the term of a players contract. So a £10m, 5 year deal player, is £2m a year item on the accounts. Selling said player for say £5m, might show a profit if we sold in year 4.

That said, thats accounts. Its still actual money being lost in reality.

I think.
I think that’s what I mean Ray, I think, I think I heard one of the younger blokes, who understand this kind of stuff, say that it is better to run their contracts down on loan for a couple of years so that when we sell them for the inevitable loss, it is a lower percentage after taking into account the length of time they have been at the club.
Oh how I long for the days when footie was just a game.

I think that’s what I mean Ray, I think, I think I heard one of the younger blokes, who understand this kind of stuff, say that it is better to run their contracts down on loan for a couple of years so that when we sell them for the inevitable loss, it is a lower percentage after taking into account the length of time they have been at the club.
Oh how I long for the days when footie was just a game.

I think we are both saying the same thing!

And yeah, the game we all fell in love with is way too complicated these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back