Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then he (Brands) has to be strong enough and powerful enough at the club to take what he can get in fees from some, buy out contracts where there's no takers and then go to the owner and tell him we need x amount of cash if he wants the Brands/Silva plan to work. And if Moshiri says no, then he has to walk out.
Dave i know SFA about FFP and the PL version of it but you are talking uninformed crap here

How about selling the players we dont need/won't for a nominal fee and allow the buying club to use the cash they'll save from said low fee to pay the higher wage the player will demand and get the buying club to pay the agent.
Win win.
We get rid of player who will never get game time here off the books and buying club will get a massive discount on a player.
If we lose money on a players book value it affects our bottom line and our ability to spend @Neiler

The serious point about this mush though is that he needs pressure exerted upon him, not treated with kid gloves.

He's got to earn any reputation he has here, and it must be hard earned.

Did he bring in one or two good players last summer? Yes. However, his inability to shift players out other than by the easy option of sending them on loan - plus his failiure to address some glaring problems in the team in January - have blotted his performance.

I want to see him out of the blocks early this summer:

• Wrap up a deal for Gueye
  • Make a decision on Gomez
  • Get cash in from Lookman, Nasse, Ramirez, Vlasic and Besic
  • Get Dowell, Onyekuru, Connolly and Robinson back in
  • Get shut of Baines and Jagielka and Mirallas.
Most of that should be doable quickly after being here for a year. In tandem with that, get Moshiri to commit to landing a minimum of 4 targets by the end of the window.
Silva may want to keep Gueye
,Nobody may want him for 25m plus
Id say the Gomes decision is long made,its up to Barca to sell at a reasonable fee
Dave nobody is buying Ramirez .nobody.
Dowell is done and dusted at EFC
Baines will be given another year on reduced wages
Henry will not be sold UNLESS we cant get a work permit,he fits the profile outlined by Brands ,as does Vlasic

Silva may want to keep Gueye
,Nobody may want him for 25m plus
Id say the Gomes decision is long made,its up to Barca to sell at a reasonable fee
Dave nobody is buying Ramirez .nobody.
Dowell is done and dusted at EFC
Baines will be given another year on reduced wages
Henry will not be sold UNLESS we cant get a work permit,he fits the profile outlined by Brands ,as does Vlasic
It wouldn’t surprise me if Vlasic & Onyekuru are sold. If we get offered good money, Brands may think he can get one player fir the money we get, who’s better and has higher potential.

The serious point about this mush though is that he needs pressure exerted upon him, not treated with kid gloves.

He's got to earn any reputation he has here, and it must be hard earned.

Did he bring in one or two good players last summer? Yes. However, his inability to shift players out other than by the easy option of sending them on loan - plus his failiure to address some glaring problems in the team in January - have blotted his performance.

I want to see him out of the blocks early this summer:

• Wrap up a deal for Gueye
  • Make a decision on Gomez
  • Get cash in from Lookman, Nasse, Ramirez, Vlasic and Besic
  • Get Dowell, Onyekuru, Connolly and Robinson back in
  • Get shut of Baines and Jagielka and Mirallas.
Most of that should be doable quickly after being here for a year. In tandem with that, get Moshiri to commit to landing a minimum of 4 targets by the end of the window.
It's not Brands fault that he's struggled to get rid of the absolute gash like Cuco Martina and Kevin Mirallas permanently, I don't know how you can hold that against him as a failure to his name.
Also complaining that he didn't buy in the January transfer market one of the worst markets you can buy from and pay premium money for a risk on a player that may or may not benefit us, Signing in the January window has left us with Tosun and Walcott.

Do you think a top striker would have come in January? And would have pushed us into the top 6 presently? Even when the defence has been the issue?
Top? No. But going for top players isn't what Brands does. He has his modus operandi and I'd be surprised if there weren't a good young player out there who wasn't ready to come in.

He better be arriving this summer.

Sky are saying that the total cost of assembling their squad is less then the cost of ours and half of City's.

We really should be under the IMF.

spursf.webp
evef.webp

Not a massive difference, I mean they did get Kane for free.

View attachment 56494View attachment 56495

Not a massive difference, I mean they did get Kane for free.

Yeah its questionable im not sure what metrics they are using perhaps the transfer fees for the whole squad. I mean they got Eriksen for a song years ago, Alli and Kane are negligible, lads like Danny Rose and Winks. The likes of Son was relatively cheap as well.

They do a good job on recruitment and youth development at Spurs.

I remember being interested in their model, when they first started, they signed the likes of Carrick and any young player going, improved them and sold them all. Reinvested and went again, notable names are Bale, Berbatov etc. Each drive brought them a step up the ladder and closer and look where they are now competing for the title and in the CL in a massive new stadium which will support the whole thing again for years to come. Its not that long ago we were ahead of them every year and that is massively disappointing, we have really regressed from the Moyes days structurally, that structure was built on very similar principals and model.

They started this model in 2004 and to be honest its worked well for them and they haven't veered. I admire them. It shows what can be achieved if you are determined and have the patience to follow it through.

I know a lot of Spurs lads are on here, id be really interested in hearing their thoughts on their model over the years.

Yeah its questionable im not sure what metrics they are using perhaps the transfer fees for the whole squad. I mean they got Eriksen for a song years ago, Alli and Kane are negligible, lads like Danny Rose and Winks. The likes of Son was relatively cheap as well.

They do a good job on recruitment and youth development at Spurs.

I remember being interested in their model, when they first started, they signed the likes of Carrick and any young player going, improved them and sold them all. Reinvested and went again, notable names are Bale, Berbatov etc. Each drive brought them a step up the ladder and closer and look where they are now competing for the title and in the CL in a massive new stadium which will support the whole thing again for years to come. Its not that long ago we were ahead of them every year and that is massively disappointing, we have really regressed from the Moyes days structurally, that structure was built on very similar principals and model.

They started this model in 2004 and to be honest its worked well for them and they haven't veered. I admire them. It shows what can be achieved if you are determined and have the patience to follow it through.

I know a lot of Spurs lads are on here, id be really interested in hearing their thoughts on their model over the years.

The above highlights that they have had their share of flops, but as you say their better players were all bought for utter peanuts.

They are proof of what can be done with the right recruitment, which Brands has shown hes very capable of in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back