Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
The strategy is simple but the execution of it is extremely difficult.

Identifying a young, talented, potentially very good, reasonably-priced player is not easy to do in practice.

Developing said player into a top PL player over the course of 2/3/whatever years, so he's worth 5-10 times what is paid for him is even more difficult.

It doesn't happen THAT often. For every Rooney, Coutinho, Hudson-Odoi, they are hundreds of young players who end up in the wilderness.

Top scouts are needed to identify these players that lots of other (bigger clubs) scouts are looking at, top coaches to develop these players, top manager to know how/when to play the player in the 1st team, etc.

So just aiming to have a "buy low, sell high" strategy is all well and good, but actually doing it successfully is another thing altogether. Great strategy if you can get it work with some success though.

I think theres other elements aside from the players value increasing 5 to 10 ×.

1 -- Wages start a lot lower

2 -- As they develop in a team together the group should have a greater understanding of how each other plays and partnerships across the pitch develop.

3 -- Some players like Brooks (bournemouth) maddison (leicester) Ndidi (leicester) etc it was fairly obvious they would do fine in the league...not to say they would be briilliant, but worth their values.

Theres some players we could sign who have lower risk but will cost the numbers like £25mil+ and have the potential to grow...thats what we should be aiming for.

It's not about volume of public appearances. You can be a self publicist and use industry events like that one to put your self forward to be noticed and talked about.

I want one thing from Brands: back his manager and get crucial positions sorted out for him.

I dont what to know he is or what he says. I don't like cults forming around hired hands like that.
Never stopped you forming a cult around BBS ,who was after all a hired hand.

Can you imagine if on he 2nd June Brands announces 4 new signings and says our signings are done for the window .
GOT would go into a meltdown .

Depends on the signings...

RB + CB + CM + CF would be ideal. Squad players are a little different.

Then any outs from around the starting squad and we replace them...

I dont.

He did enough interviews when he was with PSV positioning himself, and it landed a lucrative job here.

I'm not really concerned about him, tbh. He's here to get players in by using cash from streamlining this squad. If he does that and we're winners in that process then job done.
He refused us at the first time of asking Dave and thought long and hard after he was approached the second time.
So not really positioning himself for a move from PSV was he?

The serious point about this mush though is that he needs pressure exerted upon him, not treated with kid gloves.

He's got to earn any reputation he has here, and it must be hard earned.

Did he bring in one or two good players last summer? Yes. However, his inability to shift players out other than by the easy option of sending them on loan - plus his failiure to address some glaring problems in the team in January - have blotted his performance.

I want to see him out of the blocks early this summer:

• Wrap up a deal for Gueye
  • Make a decision on Gomez
  • Get cash in from Lookman, Nasse, Ramirez, Vlasic and Besic
  • Get Dowell, Onyekuru, Connolly and Robinson back in
  • Get shut of Baines and Jagielka and Mirallas.
Most of that should be doable quickly after being here for a year. In tandem with that, get Moshiri to commit to landing a minimum of 4 targets by the end of the window.

The serious point about this mush though is that he needs pressure exerted upon him, not treated with kid gloves.

Did he bring in one or two good players last summer? Yes. However, his inability to shift players out other than by the easy option of sending them on loan - plus his failiure to address some glaring problems in the team in January - have blotted his performance.

Most of that should be doable quickly after being here for a year. In tandem with that, get Moshiri to commit to landing a minimum of 4 targets by the end of the window.

After last January’s signings I’m happy we didn’t sign anyone this time.

However, his inability to shift players out other than by the easy option of sending them on loan - plus his failiure to address some glaring problems in the team in January - have blotted his performance.

He isn't in charge of other clubs' finances though. The kind of clubs who will benefit from buying a Mirallas for example can't afford him. He's trying to sell very undesirable assets at a premium rate. It has nothing to do with his ability.

The supporters were baying for additions in January and he did well to resist that given the performances on the pitch weren't inspiring much supporter patience and trust. Who would we have got in who would have represented good value and been a good long term acquisition?

I'm sure we could have gone out and got another Tosun and Walcott at inflated cost and they'd be up for sale again not long after. It's not just Brands who doesn't do business in January. Most of the bigger clubs don't either.

After last January’s signings I’m happy we didn’t sign anyone this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back