2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know but he’s made a good living out of playing professional football. He’s clearly not as good as we’d all hoped. What do you think he should’ve done differently?
Given it a go in the lower leagues, with the aim to get back to the top whilst actually playing. Playing on loan is a weird kind of limbo.
Fair dues to the lad, he's fabulously wealthy unless he's been a blert with his money but he must wonder if he could've done more with the playing side of his career.

Given it a go in the lower leagues, with the aim to get back to the top whilst actually playing. Playing on loan is a weird kind of limbo.
Fair dues to the lad, he's fabulously wealthy unless he's been a blert with his money but he must wonder if he could've done more with the playing side of his career.

I’m not sure I agree. He dropped to the lower leagues. If he’d have played well then he might’ve earned a move to a higher league but he clearly hasn’t been good enough. I wouldn’t expect him to give up on the wages we’re giving him for no real reason.

I’m not sure I agree. He dropped to the lower leagues. If he’d have played well then he might’ve earned a move to a higher league but he clearly hasn’t been good enough. I wouldn’t expect him to give up on the wages we’re giving him for no real reason.
Fair enough. Money Vs playing time is always a delicate balance.
What we can probably agree on (not trying to put words in your mouth) is that we should never have caved in to his contract demands a couple of years back.

It pleases me the amount of people who get this.

Meanwhile Dave and the trio of Doom are chatting wham in every thread.

It's a legacy of the Walsh/Koeman years that we are saddled with a lot of rubbish players on high wages. I initially belived those two clowns had set our progress back by a year, but I now think that was a conservative estimate.
Thank God they were not allowed to stay any longer, I dread to think of the consequences.

I would be in despair had we not got the excellent Brands on the job: happy to give him the time needed to sort us out.

It's a legacy of the Walsh/Koeman years that we are saddled with a lot of rubbish players on high wages. I initially belived those two clowns had set our progress back by a year, but I now think that was a conservative estimate.
Thank God they were not allowed to stay any longer, I dread to think of the consequences.

I would be in despair had we not got the excellent Brands on the job: happy to give him the time needed to sort us out.

Yeah I was hoping for a quick fix.

But I think we both underestimated the greed of these players, not that I wouldnt do the same in their shoes, to be fair.

But as you may know, I have complete faith in Brands, not an easy task, but its probably gonna take another Summer window before he can have a fair crack at things. In the meantime hes just out there signing utter ballers.

But as you may know, I have complete faith in Brands, not an easy task

I must disagree with you here: only the wilfully blind are unable to see the superb work he has done so far. All his signings have been terrific (and great value), but, as you say, it will take time to unload the dross completely.

I am not au fait with the views of regular posters on here with regards to Brands, but out in the real world all the blues I speak to are full of admiration for him and are well aware of the size of the task he has. He has made a great start and for me it's easy to have a lot of faith in him.

I do feel that most of the deadwood players on decent money will move during this window, although we may have to subsidise wages. They want to play football and they won't get that here: provided they don't lose a lot in terms of salary, I feel they will move on (although it may be deadline-day stuff while they assess the best option).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back