2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didn’t reply to my positive post did you Goat?

Instead you want to report me for mentioning the term “clique” on here now you’re calling me out as the legion of doom.

I’ve tried to have some decent debate with you but your tend to ignore that and focus on any negative opinions I have of our club.

All a bit hypocritical in my opinion. I won’t speak for the rest of my legion of doom but I don’t have a problem with you taking the Mickey but I do have a problem with your double standards.

Didn’t reply to my positive post did you Goat?

Instead you want to report me for mentioning the term “clique” on here now you’re calling me out as the legion of doom.

I’ve tried to have some decent debate with you but your tend to ignore that and focus on any negative opinions I have of our club.

All a bit hypocritical in my opinion. I won’t speak for the rest of my legion of doom but I don’t have a problem with you taking the Mickey but I do have a problem with your double standards.

Ive got all 3 of you on ignore mate.

Stay on topic please.

Anyway back on topic, Marcel has got a big task on here if Lookman and Gueye do go.

He comes through this window like the last he will deserve and command our respect

Anyway back on topic, Marcel has got a big task on here if Lookman and Gueye do go.

He comes through this window like the last he will deserve and command our respect
he will come through. The signings last season were all good additions to the first team and I have no doubt he will already have players lined up as replacements for gana and Lookman.

What's your thoughts on selling Gana mate?

Zatara seems to think we should trust Brands implicitly. Do you think he's nailed on to use the Gana money to get an appropriate replacement?
I think we'll get a load of guff about Baningime being a ready replacement. He'll be good for Everton, but he's not the experienced player we need right now. Gueye will be left until after our window has shut and sold on to a European team, and we'll be left snookered. There's a debt to start paying down and this is the summer it happens.

I'm not against Brands at all, I think we should just be careful not to go OTT with the adulation

Thus far he's had just one good transfer window. There's still time for this one to be a success as well of course, and part of me thinks it will, but can we tone down the cult like worship of him just a little bit please? It's not healthy and it'll only lead to a massive blow up on here when he inevitably bodges something up, because no one has a perfect run no matter how good they are (And make no mistake, Brands is good, but he's not infallible)

What’s the point in sending Garbutt out on loan at the age of 26?

So we get some of his wages off the wage bill

No one is matching what we pay him every week and he doesn't seem to be arsed about playing

Real shame, as we essentially signed him to that deal all those years ago so we could actually get something if we sold him, and then he proceeded to cack up that loan spell at Leeds and throw away any chance we had of making a profit on him

Oh well, sometimes that gamble works and other times it doesn't

I'm not against Brands at all, I think we should just be careful not to go OTT with the adulation

Thus far he's had just one good transfer window. There's still time for this one to be a success as well of course, and part of me thinks it will, but can we tone down the cult like worship of him just a little bit please? It's not healthy and it'll only lead to a massive blow up on here when he inevitably bodges something up, because no one has a perfect run no matter how good they are (And make no mistake, Brands is good, but he's not infallible)
Trusting someone to take this club forward and keep us in good shape isn't cult like worship, He'll be called out if he does something wrong no one is safe from the fans.

I've been saying this for a year almost.

I understand why some go OTT - we have almost zero to shout about; no heroes of note and an uncertain/bleak future in terms of silverware and stadium progress. Many have sought to fill the vacuum by lumping all hope on a DoF with a decent reputation. To me it's a massive over reaction, and as you say it ratchets up the pressure on him. They're doing Brands no favours...although, that said, he does look like he enjoys the adulation with all his cheesy photo-shoots, so I'd have little sympathy for him if it does all go sideways.

I've been saying this for a year almost.

I understand why some go OTT - we have almost zero to shout about; no heroes of note and an uncertain/bleak future in terms of silverware and stadium progress. Many have sought to fill the vacuum by lumping all hope on a DoF with a decent reputation. To me it's a massive over reaction, and as you say it ratchets up the pressure on him. They're doing Brands no favours...although, that said, he does look like he enjoys the adulation with all his cheesy photo-shoots, so I'd have little sympathy for him if it does all go sideways.

Don't go overboard on him, he's only human... Unless he makes a mistake, then he had it coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back