2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you're right. However, even if a replacement is lined up we need him in during preseason and not slotted in after the season starts.

No way Gueye is here for all next season. His value is at its peak and we are a selling club.

Every club in the world is a selling club, bar Real and Barca and as Neymar showed, even they can be now and again.

But I agree, Gana will be moved on, it doesnt matter when his replacement is signed, as long as they are.

We are signing players that we hope will be here for 2 or 3 years, we arent signing players for just August 2019, most players signed from outside the league will need 6 months to a season bedding in period, an extra 3 weeks isnt a factor at all, unless you think its VITAL we get in everybody before we face off against the mighty Wigan.

Reactions: JLW
Every club in the world is a selling club, bar Real and Barca and as Neymar showed, even they can be now and again.

But I agree, Gana will be moved on, it doesnt matter when his replacement is signed, as long as they are.

We are signing players that we hope will be here for 2 or 3 years,
we arent signing players for just August 2019, most players signed from outside the league will need 6 months to a season bedding in period, an extra 3 weeks isnt a factor at all, unless you think its VITAL we get in everybody before we face off against the mighty Wigan.
Get them in late: they wont gel and we'll be left in the starting blocks dropping vital points in the race for top 6.

Look what happened last season with Bernard and Gomez. They weren't up to speed until the late autumn.

Get them in late: they wont gel and we'll be left in the starting blocks dropping vital points in the race for top 6.

Look what happened last season with Bernard and Gomez. They weren't up to speed until the late autumn.

And look what happened last time we got the players in early, sacking the manager and appointing a firefighter to keep us up.

There is nothing anywhere to suggest that getting in players early benefits teams, its a myth that bed wetters have peddled for years.

Teams can train and train and train, its only when playing matches that new players will adapt and no, not matches against Kenyan farmers.

Besides, Gana wont make the Premier League start anyway, he will still be on holiday.

If the past has told us anything they’re either left late or not replaced at all like Lukaku. Poor.

There is nothing anywhere to suggest that getting in players early benefits teams, its a myth that bed wetters have peddled for years.

Not sure I agree with you mate

How could it be anything but a benefit?

Granted, you're not going to get a massive difference if you get an extra few weeks of prep, but you will be better prepared, even slightly so

If anything else it's better for camaraderie as the new players feel like they've been part of the prep instead of coming in late and being the "new kid"

If the past has told us anything they’re either left late or not replaced at all like Lukaku. Poor.
What exactly constitutes as late though? For me signing someone we should’ve got in the summer in January is late. As stated above the most important thing is just getting them in the door in the first place.

And look what happened last time we got the players in early, sacking the manager and appointing a firefighter to keep us up.

Teams can train and train and train, its only when playing matches that new players will adapt and no, not matches against Kenyan farmers.

Besides, Gana wont make the Premier League start anyway, he will still be on holiday.
It's not a myth. It's accepted that the more you integrate a player into a set up the better they play. Ergo: get players late in and you wont get their best form until later that season.

Koaman is no example at all, because he signed a load of one paced donkeys. THAT was the problem, NOT signing players early.

Gana is important. I would not sell him even there will be quite a profit there.

We can sell them all hopefully: Bolasie £7m, Mirallas £2m, Martina £500k, McCarthy £5m, Besic £5m, Niasse £6m, Lookman £20m, Tarashaj 50p, Williams £1.5m, Connolly £1m, Garbutt probably free, Pennington £1m, Robinson £2m and Onyekuru £20m.

Last edited:
Not sure I agree with you mate

How could it be anything but a benefit?

Granted, you're not going to get a massive difference if you get an extra few weeks of prep, but you will be better prepared, even slightly so

If anything else it's better for camaraderie as the new players feel like they've been part of the prep instead of coming in late and being the "new kid"
It's not a myth. It's accepted that the more you integrate a player into a set up the better they play. Ergo: get players late in and you wont get their best form until later that season.

Koaman is no example at all, because he signed a load of one paced donkeys. THAT was the problem, NOT signing players early.

A myth - a widely held but false belief or idea.

As I say, its something bed wetters tell themselves, it doesnt impact the team in any shape of form.

A myth - a widely held but false belief or idea.

As I say, its something bed wetters tell themselves, it doesnt impact the team in any shape of form.

Don't agree mate, sorry

I mean, if it were me I'd much rather be in there with 3-4 weeks to go so that I could get to know everyone first rather than coming in on deadline day and getting thrown into things

Again, I'm thinking at it more from a camaraderie point of view

I'm sure most here would be similar. Starting a new job is daunting enough as it is

Don't agree mate, sorry

I mean, if it were me I'd much rather be in there with 3-4 weeks to go so that I could get to know everyone first rather than coming in on deadline day and getting thrown into things

Again, I'm thinking at it more from a camaraderie point of view

Ideally we signed and sold everybody 3 weeks ago.

But as long as we get them, thats the important thing.

As I said last week, we can overpay for 2 signings tomorrow or we can wait and get 4 in.

Players dont gel in training, they gel on the pitch, only playing matches helps the team, proper matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back