2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clubs doing loan deals in the PL is going to become known soon as "doing a Brands".

FFS, can this feller cash in on these players for once?

Another year off the wage bill also means another year off their value.

What a caper.

RM must offer some kind of crazy wages to the guy for 5 years.

No one is willing to pay the existing wages and transfer fee. Even a crap fee like £200k.

Clubs doing loan deals in the PL is going to become known soon as "doing a Brands".

FFS, can this feller cash in on these players for once?

Another year off the wage bill also means another year off their value.

What a caper.
How hard is it to understand dave? No one wants to pay money for our crap players, That's why we've gotten rid of a few of them on loan which will save on wages for a little.

I think that would be a more worthwhile observation to make when he sells players he has actually signed.
I dont agree. A player is a player. Imagine a DoF telling a club that they wont see any return on their players unless they were signed by him.

Or he just accepts the fact no club in the world wants to pay cash for crap football players. You can’t sell ice to the eskimos.
RM must offer some kind of crazy wages to the guy for 5 years.

No one is willing to pay the existing wages and transfer fee. Even a crap fee like £200k.
How hard is it to understand dave? No one wants to pay money for our crap players, That's why we've gotten rid of a few of them on loan which will save on wages for a little.
This is just a bunkum excuse to cover over the fact that he's incapable of doing half of his job.

No one want to sign crap players with fee Dave.
It'll happen all the time this summer. Theylre not 'crap' in any case. Again, the low bar set for Brands to jump is ludicrous. Treat Brands like all the other's employed to sign and sell players. FFS, we got £9M for Cleverley didn't we? £7M for Jelavic!!...and that was back a few seasons before the prices got crazy.

No one want to sign crap players with fee Dave.

To be fair to Dave though, this is part of Brands' job at the end of the day

I'm completely sympathetic to Brands on this issue because he's inherited an absolute ship show with some of these players and shifting them is going to be really difficult. However, the fact remains that it is part of his remit to get these players off the books and he hasn't really done the best job in regards it getting these players gone on perm deals

I don't think we should hammer Brands for it, but we shouldn't give him a free pass either. There's a middle ground here I feel

This is just a bunkum excuse to cover over the fact that he's incapable of doing half of his job.

I trust that you are joking.
Let me give you a horse racing analogy to illustrate the folly of your view.
If a major owner of well bred racehorses employs a racing manager (the equivalent of a DoF). His job involves the sale / disposal of many of the horses. If some of them are not very good they may be able to be sold , but those that are absolutely useless command no fee and have to be disposed of.
The racing manager is not criticised for this. This is where we are now as a club thanks to the abysmal performance of El Fraudo and Koeman / Walsh.
You cannot make other clubs want to buy useless articles on inflated wages. I think that you know that !

To be fair to Dave though, this is part of Brands' job at the end of the day

I'm completely sympathetic to Brands on this issue because he's inherited an absolute ship show with some of these players and shifting them is going to be really difficult. However, the fact remains that it is part of his remit to get these players off the books and he hasn't really done the best job in regards it getting these players gone on perm deals

I don't think we should hammer Brands for it, but we shouldn't give him a free pass either. There's a middle ground here I feel

Don't be ridiculous. We’ll have no nuance here.

Don't be ridiculous. We’ll have no nuance here.

You're right, what was I thinking?

the-wicker-man.webp

RIGHT LADS, CHUCK ONE OR BOTH OF MARCEL AND DAVE IN HERE AND WE CAN GET ON WITH OUR AFTERNOON

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back