2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delighted that Joyce has confirmed Brands. I’m actually happy to give Silva a go too, he had Watford playing brilliant stuff before we turned his head. Surely the first domino that needs to fall now is Allardyce leaving. I hope it goes something like;

Allardyce leaves.
Brands announced as new director of football.
Silva announced as new manager.
Elstone leaves.
Kenwright leaves.
Walsh demoted to tea lady.

Surely Brands will make the next managerial appointment? Or is that not within the scope of the DOF?

*And Allardyce will not leave until Brands names his successor, is my assumption

Surely Brands will make the next managerial appointment? Or is that not within the scope of the DOF?

*And Allardyce will not leave until Brands names his successor, is my assumption

One would think with a title of 'Director of Football' their remit of being a 'director' would include the direction for the football club in every aspect including manager.

Maybe if he comes in, and brings Ross Farrelly, Josh McClorey and Peter O'Hanlon, we could be known as The Brands with the three Strypes...

Oh no I didn't....

Reactions: Tez
Everton’s Wayne Rooney to wait on Allardyce decision before resolving future
new
Paul Joyce, Northern Football Correspondent
May 9 2018, 5:00pm, The Times

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F2316122c-535a-11e8-b178-bc31026aef36.jpg

Rooney is reported to have become disillusioned under Allardyce

Wayne Rooney’s future will only be resolved when Everton offer clarity on whether Sam Allardyce will remain as the manager next season.

The former England captain wants to stay at Goodison Park, but until he knows if he is part of the club’s plans then his position is, to a degree, clouded.

There is interest in Rooney from Major League Soccer with DC United holding a long-standing desire to recruit the 32-year-old and also from China.

Whether Rooney could move to Washington this summer depends on a number of factors not least major shareholder Farhad Moshiri deciding whether to sack Allardyce and appoint a third permanent manager since 2016.

Allardyce, too, is awaiting a decision from Moshiri, who is facing a pivotal summer when his vision for Everton must take a step towards fruition.

Rooney is Everton’s leading goalscorer this season with ten goals, but has been dropped to the bench on occasions by Allardyce and substituted in other games with his ability to play in a midfield role against elite opposition having been questioned.

Allardyce said in an interview with talkSPORT this week that their relationship is fine, yet he has been unable to give Rooney assurances that he would remain integral to his plans if he stays in the dug-out.

Similarly, Rooney — who has 12 months remaining on his contract — does not know where he would stand with any successor. Marco Silva was Moshiri’s first choice ahead of Allardyce to replace Ronald Koeman in October only for Watford to reject an approach before subsequently sacking the Portuguese. Silva is still a strong candidate for Everton.

While the situation applies to every Everton player, Rooney’s status - allied to the fact that he rejected offers and took a pay cut to return to his boyhood club from Manchester United last summer - means he finds himself at the centre of the intrigue.

The prospect of contingency plans being drawn up in the event of him not being wanted are understandable, although Everton have deeper issues than sanctioning the departure of their leading scorer for the second successive summer. Romelu Lukaku was sold last year to United.

The onus is on Moshiri to act decisively after an underwhelming campaign. Marcel Brands is arriving from PSV Eindhoven to replace Steve Walsh as the club’s director of football, although there is the possibility of Walsh retaining a scouting role.

Progress also needs to be made with the appointment of a new chief executive to replace Robert Elstone and with financing for the proposed new stadium in Bramley-Moore dock.

Yet the managerial position is central to everything, not least to Rooney’s future plans.
In a nutshell, either the slug goes or I go.

Should add, the Joyce also says:

"Marco Silva is still a strong candidate for Everton.”

You lend us a tenner ffs.

Course he is. He'll cost buttons.

Let's rebuild a club via a bloke who's never been at a club longer than 12 months with a squad full of players who can't pass 5 yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back