Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll see if he's fit for purpose when the clueless biff managing the players has been removed, which will surely happen now.

Brands excited me greatly when he joined, and I've had no major problems with any of the players he brought in, but he's up against it now.

In the two seasons that Steve Walsh was here, we finished 7th with 61 points and 8th with 49 points.

In Brand's first season we finished 8th with 54 points. If Brands does worse than Walsh for a second straight season then serious questions are going to be asked.

I'm still positive about Brands, but he's got to get the next managerial appointment right, otherwise he may find his own head on the chopping block.

The next 24 hours will tell us whether this fella is around for the long term and has our clubs best interests at heart.

If Silva is not gone before the end of the weekend, then its all but confirmed that he's only here for a pay cheque to live the good life.

I hope he pulls someone out the hat like Southampton did with Poch. You just have to pray Moshiri isn’t on the crack pipe and announces Mark Hughes before anyone knows what’s going on.

Silva wasn't Brands man.

But Brands' persisted with him for far too long.

I also lack faith/confidence in the board (which Brands is on) in being ambitious and good enough to bring in a replacement now.

Such a grim time right now to be an Evertonian.

The managerial appointments have been awful since Moyes left. I see no reason to believe next time around will be anything different.

Silva wasn't Brands man.

But Brands' persisted with him for far too long.

I also lack faith/confidence in the board (which Brands is on) in being ambitious and good enough to bring in a replacement now.

Such a grim time right now to be an Evertonian.

If its true the board haven't got a list of potential replacements lined up - where the hell have they been all season and even more importantly what has Brands been doing all this time during these 7 defeats in 13 games?

He's increasingly looking like another joker who's joined the circus.

Not his fault the 2 CM he signed in summer are both injured.

It will be on him if we dont sign a top CM in Jan though.

Not sure he isn't partly to blame. Even the summer before last a couple of his signings took forever to get fit once they had signed...and the same last summer.We waited a long time for Mina, and Gomes, and now DElph looks like an injury prone signing. I suspect he get some players for a value that takes their injury record into account. The signings look good but are suspect fitness wise. If this is the case, he is kidding Mosh and needs sacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back