Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d argue that Iwobi’s comfortably one of the best footballers at the club. And aslo think Brands has brought in quality in players like Digne/Richarlison/Iwobi/Gomes/Gbamin/Kean/Bernard.

If we had Gbamin and Gomes in midfield, Iwobi ahead of them, with Richarlison and Bernard buzzing about just behind Kean (all of these Brands signings) we suddenly have a lot of pace and technical quality and look an exciting side, especially if we had a manager in place who knows how to use them. It’s not Brands’ fault that Gomes, Gbamin and Bernard have suffered horrible injuries nor is it his fault that the manager is electing to go with utter slugs (signed by previous dopes) down the spine of our side in Tosun, Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin.
I wonder how many times you’ve seen Gbamin play. Personally I don’t watch German football but I wonder how good a midfielder he is when his agent thinks he’s a centre half. Iwobi is someone that looks good to people who have rarely seen him play but after 4 or 5 years of looking good but having no end product I think it’s safe to say he looks good but has no end product. He’s a £15m player not a £35m player and he’s done nothing to justify that outlay. Bernard is ok, nothing special but hopefully after one season he can kick on a bit and live up to his song cause I can only remember a couple of times were he’s actually torn anyone apart.
Richarlison was one of the most exciting young players in the league at Watford, hardly a rabbit out of the hat, likewise Digne, the French left back. Gomes yes a good signing but after those three I think they’ve been ok at best. Fabián Delph, an injury prone player who suprise suprise is injured again.
No I’m not impressed so far. Why people think doing well in Holland gets you a place at Everton I don’t know. It’s like going for the Hibs director of football cause they won the cup with Alan Stubbs

Please find any evidence of truth behind a Moyes re-appointment, Brands saying Moyes will come in, or anything else on the matter.

Otherwise you’re just chatting dirge as per.
Well, it seems inevitable now that Moyes will arrive...and if that is the case, then you'll have to concede the point...wont you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back