Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is equally to blame as the rest of them running ('running') the club atm.

Silva deserves to go. He's not good enough. Nobody is saying otherwise.

But the rest all split the blame too.
I would argue brands is the only innocent party here. He didnt pick silva so has no weight on that decision, that is the board.

He has signed better quality players, given we started with bolasie and tosun and ended up with richarldson and dinge to name just two.

He isnt setting that team up to lose, he isnt coaching the players.

What more can brands do apart from deliver better players for the manager in charge? Apart from sacking him? And that has to be rubber stamped by his employer either way.

Pulling him up on not signing this player or that player now is just throwing a temper tantrum despite all the ones he did sign. He may have been able to get a new defender, striker, AM etc if he wasnt trying to offload sandro, bolasie and co with their massive wages.

If we could start again, what should the structure be?Would we have a direcror of football?Is the role too big for a single manager now? Do you need someone else looking at signings? How would we structure the club? It’s all very well saying get get rid of brands and silver but what do we actually want the shape of the club to be?

Browns transfer dealings in all felt way too late for me this summer. However I think we had an off a lot of surplus playing stuff to get rid of before we could free up salary to bring them in. I think we’re going to be in that position for the next two seasons. We’ve got that many players that have been brought in that shouldn’t be here. That said, brand signing so far the jury is out. Some good some absolute failures.

As the only supposed one on the board from an actual football background, all eyes must surely turn to Brands.
Unless his authority is vetoed, Brands has to be responsible for the next appointed manager.
Else, what is his actual job/purpose?
Surely you would assume he would make a better decision than the amateur appointments of the past.
But then, I am not yet entirely encouraged by his summer window of transfer business, sooo....
Time to pray for wisdom and deliverance from ineptitude.

I've seen enough. And I believe most have now too.

He's out of his depth. A man incapapble of doing the job he's been brought in for.

Look at how he failed to act on Silva. Chocolate tea pot.
Find out when he appoints the next manager if Brands is any good

Brands has made some errors in recruitment but then the structure of the club sounds like am absolute mess and is inhibiting his job.I do think being without a whole midfield and a coach who cant utiliise what he has doesn't hmyp mynd you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back