Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernard - no end product
Iwobi - nothing else needs to be said
Mina - a CB who cant keep pace with attackers
Delph - a fake hardman never out of the treatment room
Gbamin - a no mark from a no mark league
Kean - utterly hopeless, a striker that never strikes
Gomes - decent, but not a consistent performer
Richarlison - decent but inconsistent (a Silva player at Watford and almost certainly not down to Brands in any case)

Digne - the only class player he's bought

It is a pitiful haul of inadequacy. £250M for THAT.

Can there really be anyone making a case for Brands' purchases, much less retaining him?
Totally correct

Issue is though, what if it doesn't work out and we're looking for a new manager again? That likes to play with different profiles of players? We're going to be in this cycle forever if we don't start to do things properly.
If Carlo , one of the greatest managers ever , is given a decent budget and free hand and can't bring success to Everton we may as well give up.

Bernard - no end product
Richarlison - decent but inconsistent (a Silva player at Watford and almost certainly not down to Brands in any case)

Can there really be anyone making a case for Brands' purchases, much less retaining him?
Not necessarily agreeing with every word and syllable, but surely this is undeniably broadly correct. A worry.

In fact, the whole 'cult' surrounding Brands is mystifying. Not one single signing of his has been a success. Keane was the big one, but by Christ he has been ruined.

Ancelotti does not sign players, he actively wants a DoF in position or someone who deals with transfers because he point blank refuses to talk to agents. Brands is needed.

Basing it on the fact I've just read Ancelottis book and he doesn't do transfers himself mate, if not a DoF a CEO but he does not get involved and will not speak to agents.

Fair play.

If Ancelotti is not interested in the recruitment process then Brands is proving that he doesn't have the competence to do it for him.

I honestly think Brands is useless. Name a player he brought in who is any good.

Fair play.

If Ancelotti is not interested in the recruitment process then Brands is proving that he doesn't have the competence to do it for him.

I honestly think Brands is useless. Name a player he brought in who is any good.

I think the difference here(at least I hope) is Ancelotti, will pick the players he wants and Brands does the negotiating, rather than a mish mash of the managers players and the DoFs players.

I like Mina, Digne, Bernard, Gomes and Richarlison, I think they are all better than what we are seeing.

Bernard - no end product

When put together like this. Dear me, another transfer guru who specializes in gathering garbage.

If Carlo , one of the greatest managers ever , is given a decent budget and free hand and can't bring success to Everton we may as well give up.
As will Carlo himself.
I said at the outset of the rumour of him coming here, that Carlo had nothing to lose but his reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back