Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I ‘think’ he and Ancelotti both have the power of veto, but I agree that Brands is accountable for transfers, transfer strategy, contract extensions etc.

I think with Walsh he was dictated to by Koeman, by Moshiri, by Big Sam, so there's lots of grey areas there.

For me its different under Brands, I doubt he bends for anyone, it doesn't mean he's not open to ideas, but its his show.

You're talking a 100m transfer for a player not even remotely as productive as Lukaku. He'll definitely go for 60-80m, but 100m is laughable.

Well we got roughly 3 times what we paid for Rom. Brazilian CF carries some cache, plus, he is a FAR better footballer than Rom.

And like some have mentioned, Phil the midget

Well we got roughly 3 times what we paid for Rom. Brazilian CF carries some cache, plus, he is a FAR better footballer than Rom.

And like some have mentioned, Phil the midget
We got that that much for Rom because he banged in a lot of goals. Way more than Richy so far.

Now could Richy go absolutely ham on goal scoring next season and bring in a lot of cash? Sure. Well, not with the current midfield. But with a new midfield sure. As of right now I think about 80m is the tops Everton will get for Richarlison.

Let's also not forget that commercial revenue, club performance and club worth influences how much of a transfer fee a club can command. Comparing Liverpool/Coutinho to Everton/Richarlison who just finished 12th is not based in reality.

Last edited:

People said they were willing to give Brands this window, yet the middle of August with 7 weeks of the window left and people have declared him unfit for purpose.

They should have said I'm giving him to the middle of August, its like calling Usian Bolt a loser for not winning at 50 metres.

Why do you keep saying that in loads of threads? Must be a joke I missed.

It followed when about 8 people in a row said it about Tom Davies and Pickford as a reason for not selling them. Along with not selling Davies because he is friends with Holgate and DCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back