Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, is it?

Hojbjerg and Gabriel, both top Everton targets who we have bid for, will not be coming to Everton.

He failed to get Silva’s targets last year and landed him with woeful players and he’ll do the same to Ancelotti.
We don’t need Gabriel (CB is not a priority) and Hojbjerg didn’t want to come to us. We offered Him a higher salary than Spurs.
i dont think we need to panic. Brands did a lot of good business in a short time in the first summer when he came, so he’s shown that it can be done.
I’ll judge when I see who we actually sign, rather than flipping over largely unsubstantiated rumours.

We don’t need Gabriel (CB is not a priority) and Hojbjerg didn’t want to come to us. We offered Him a higher salary than Spurs.
i dont think we need to panic. Brands did a lot of good business in a short time in the first summer when he came, so he’s shown that it can be done.
I’ll judge when I see who we actually sign, rather than flipping over largely unsubstantiated rumours.
You don’t think we need Gabriel but Ancelotti, one of the most successful managers in the World, thinks we do need him.

Calling them unsubstantiated rumours is also ridiculous.

You don’t think we need Gabriel but Ancelotti, one of the most successful managers in the World, thinks we do need him.

All these posts saying "we dont need another centre back" dont make sense to me.

How can people think that when it means we need to play a deep defence every game Keane starts.

The bloke is an absolute liability.

Now, i like Mina and his injury issues are massively exaggerated but we cant rely on him and Holgate for an entire season with Keane rotating in.

Its absolute suicide. Literally all you need to do is put the ball behind keane and its a shot on target.

Should have got Gabriel back in Feb.

Have a day off mate, go get some air, see some friends/family and stop giving yourself a heart attack about a person who you have no control over

lol
I’m perfectly fine thanks, I have no idea how you can assume I am somehow worked up, you must have amazing sensory powers on your keyboard, where can I get one of those?

I’m sure Gabriel would be a good player, but we would then need to sell one of our existing CB’s or risk collecting even more players surplus to requirements. Given all the other needs, it seems wrong to me. I remember thinking similar when we kept signing number 10‘s a few years ago. Picking the actual players to sign and getting the transfers over the line is hard, identifying the positions in the squad to strengthen is relatively easy. In my view, signing a CB this window makes the task of sorting out other areas of the squad even harder.

A big window for Brands, with plenty of time left. I have my reservations, but it's probably best to wait and see how it all pans out. Definitely a make or break window for him.

It is understood that the Blues would favour signing a top-level target on loan for next season, rather than buying a player who falls further down their wish-list.

Barcelona, following their 8-2 humiliation in the Champions League by Bayern Munich, are expected to accelerate a fire-sale of players while other top clubs, Manchester City, Chelsea and others, are needing to make room for their own squad rebuilds with outgoings.

As Brands said, midway through last year: “There is a lot of pressure at top six clubs and a lot of good players in their squads, for example Manchester City, who find it difficult to play.

At the same event in London, Everton's director of football added: "If you take an example of Lucas Digne, he started his career with Lille, then went to Paris Saint Germain, was loaned to Roma and was then playing for Barcelona but at the age of 24, he wanted to play every week and that was difficult at Barcelona.

“So he was happy to come to the Premier League and play for Everton. He is now one of the best left-backs in England.

“That is an example of how we will approach new players for our club.”

Sounds like a plan to me.

These kinds of players, alongside a number of up-and-coming young players, seems to be the remit for the new squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back