Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's top 6/CL fringe players that are hungry and just aren't getting a look in because of undeniable quality ahead of them, like Digne, then yes.

If it's top 6/CL fringe players that are on the fringes because they've been displaced and cba fighting for their spot, like Walcott, then no.

If it's top 6/CL fringe players that are hungry and just aren't getting a look in because of undeniable quality ahead of them, like Digne, then yes.

If it's top 6/CL fringe players that are on the fringes because they've been displaced and cba fighting for their spot, like Walcott, then no.
This.

There's been loads of players who've moved to/been brought through the ranks at the 'top clubs' at a young age whom either haven't been getting enough playing time (from their perspective) or their club have been willing to hear offers for them for one reason or another. Lucas Digne is, indeed, a good example of this - and possibly the two biggest examples in recent Prem history have been Lukaku and KdB.

Targeting players whom fit this kind of profle, whilst also turning another focus onto younger up-and-comers across Europe and South America playing at a slightly lower level, that does make for a logical transfer strategy imo. It's all pieces of a jigsaw and about getting the 'right' pieces to fit in together over an extended period of time.

Once again we’re all arguing about a paper most of us say to never even remotely think about believing because it fits our negative agenda.

Why not just wait and see what happens?

Sounds a solid plan tbh but then I remember for every Digne we buy this way we also buy a Walcott, an Iwobi, a Delph.

Guess it'll be a blend of this approach and punts for the future like Branthwaite etc

Sounds a solid plan tbh but then I remember for every Digne we buy this way we also buy a Walcott, an Iwobi, a Delph.

Guess it'll be a blend of this approach and punts for the future like Branthwaite etc
Exactly, top 6 rejects, were picking up where Bournemouth left off

Exactly, top 6 rejects, were picking up where Bournemouth left off

I think it’s the opposite. I think it’s young, top 6 players, who the top 6 clubs want to keep however the player themselves want to move on for regular 1st team football or to Ferber their career.

Ie: Lucas Digne. You could also put Iwobi and Kean in that bracket and I think both will come good this season and prove to be good buys.

I think it’s the opposite. I think it’s young, top 6 players, who the top 6 clubs want to keep however the player themselves want to move on for regular 1st team football or to Ferber their career.

Ie: Lucas Digne. You could also put Iwobi and Kean in that bracket and I think both will come good this season and prove to be good buys.
If its that type we go for, Iwobi i still think has potential, i just worry, its seems like we have no scouting going on, i could of found players myself from those clubs, we need to be finding unknows, if Moyes could do it Marcel should be able to

If its that type we go for, Iwobi i still think has potential, i just worry, its seems like we have no scouting going on, i could of found players myself from those clubs, we need to be finding unknows, if Moyes could do it Marcel should be able to

You mean like Gblammo, Digne was unknown on here despite him playing for top clubs also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back