Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think Ancelotti is not only pulling the strings getting these players but he is also using his experience in helping Brands to negotiate the best price and wage for these players. We are not being taken for mugs now. Watford will have been told to accept our offer or we move on as players will come to Carlo.

I know for a fact (from an ex-colleague involved in one of the deals at the selling team end) this is NOT true. Carlo attracts the players & explains how he will use them. He convinces them Everton is a good move though Brands also speaks with them to explain the support system for new players and the Rooney, Rom pathway etc. Brands does all the negotiating supported as needed by his team & Ryazantsev. Carlo has zero role in the discussions with agents (except a goodwill call if he knows them) or teams (ditto). We are still doing the young potential players as well (Nkounkou & a couple more being worked on). As for Iwobi, it was mainly Farhad wanting someone when Zaha was not doable (Brands did not want to do a late make-up deal), it was not £35m and we've largely played him out of a position for a year so it is a bit premature to write him off (though I am not a fan personally).

I know for a fact (from an ex-colleague involved in one of the deals at the selling team end) this is NOT true. Carlo attracts the players & explains how he will use them. He convinces them Everton is a good move though Brands also speaks with them to explain the support system for new players and the Rooney, Rom pathway etc. Brands does all the negotiating supported as needed by his team & Ryazantsev. Carlo has zero role in the discussions with agents (except a goodwill call if he knows them) or teams (ditto). We are still doing the young potential players as well (Nkounkou & a couple more being worked on). As for Iwobi, it was mainly Farhad wanting someone when Zaha was not doable (Brands did not want to do a late make-up deal), it was not £35m and we've largely played him out of a position for a year so it is a bit premature to write him off (though I am not a fan personally).
Good post mate. I have always had my suspicions that Moshiri may have been behind the desire to bring in Iwobi.

It looks as if he's done some good dealing here. Good on him. Not overpaid.

However, you gotta feel for any kids he may have. Come Christmas morning I bet he hands out the gifts and says - "now don't open them until new year's day."

Is how this transfer window feels.

I would think Ancelotti is not only pulling the strings getting these players but he is also using his experience in helping Brands to negotiate the best price and wage for these players. We are not being taken for mugs now. Watford will have been told to accept our offer or we move on as players will come to Carlo.

I doubt Ancelotti has ever negotiated a deal in his life. But you are right that Carlo gives presence that will probably cause the player to push for the move instead of being nonplussed, once that happens it will help Brands negotiate from a position of strength.

Interesting if true, The Iwobi deal still doesn't make any sense to me but makes sense is Moshiri was just like [Poor language removed] it go get me ANYONE not the best but also kinda good that he's willing to splash the cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back