2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just doesn't seem to be going anywhere with our incomings or outgoings with either Brands or Walsh. Just because Docoure, Allan and James were signed this summer does not exonerate the mass failures.

Almost every player that has been purchased within the PL or from overseas becomes utter garbage and unsellable.

Big money moves:

Gomes - Highly rated, now a liability
Tosun - 25M for 9 goals over 40 games
Walcott - Another 20M down the drain
Kean - Big potential flop.
Sigurdsson - Highly rated, now a liability
Delph - Big CV, if he had been fit he would have been handy.
Iwobi - Not good enough for Arsenal and now not good enough for consistent PL performances at Everton
Bernard - Highly rated, now deemed not good enough

Going nowhere with their career or declining:

- Davies
- Kenny
- Coleman

Positions repeatedly ignored:

- LB : Baines was going to retire and we needed a ready backup LB who could play when required.
- RB : If Kenny isn't good enough, why can't they find a half decent backup?
- Winger - ACTUAL WINGERS FFS. Someone who can dribble inside with left foot and can give you link up and quick 1-2 options.
- Striker: So now we only have DCL and then Ancellotti would play Sigurdsson up top if he gets injured?

Either Brands and our managers are inept at determining the mental toughness and attitude of players before signing them. Why so many players coming in with better past performances or resumes become utter liabilities that you can no longer trust them is beyond me. When so many of your recruitment has failed you have to question your own judgement. There is a plethora of lethargic players in midfield who cannot run to support attack.

We have been having this same "players not up to it" debate for many years. Scheniderlin, Mirallas before were another example.

Then on the other hand you see how there are clubs (Spurs/Leicester) who try and improve the players rather than buying and finding loan solutions for almost all flops.

He put Pickford on 100k a week just because he saved a penalty for England! Making us lumbered with him until 2024. He’s ruining us!
Don't worry man, by the end of the Pickford experiment in 2024 he'll only have ended up costing us £60m.

We’re seriously overrating players if people think we were getting a big fee for Kenny. He’s terrible. Why would anyone want him? He has no pace whatsoever. Any club could find a right back in their academy equal if not better than him so why would they go out and spend money on Kenny? He ha no redeeming features whatsoever.

We’re seriously overrating players if people think we were getting a big fee for Kenny. He’s terrible. Why would anyone want him? He has no pace whatsoever. Any club could find a right back in their academy equal if not better than him so why would they go out and spend money on Kenny? He ha no redeeming features whatsoever.
They will say because rs can sell kids for £20m. But they don’t realise Kenny and the rs kids are different players.

They will say because rs can sell kids for £20m. But they don’t realise Kenny and the rs kids are different players.

Liverpool had a few dodgy links with Bournemouth who took Ibe Solanke and Wilson but no one else has been taking their dross for a while now.

People will get annoyed by it but I genuinely don’t care how these players leave Everton. I don’t want the likes of Kenny Pennington Davies Siggurdson Tosun anywhere near the starting 11. Terribly slow players who aren’t at premier league standard. We’ve indulged this type of player for way too long. Godfrey is showing everyone the benefit of getting a player with pace and aggression.

Liverpool had a few dodgy links with Bournemouth who took Ibe Solanke and Wilson but no one else has been taking their dross for a while now.

People will get annoyed by it but I genuinely don’t care how these players leave Everton. I don’t want the likes of Kenny Pennington Davies Siggurdson Tosun anywhere near the starting 11. Terribly slow players who aren’t at premier league standard. We’ve indulged this type of player for way too long. Godfrey is showing everyone the benefit of getting a player with pace and aggression.
Absolutely. If we can’t get rid of them on perm at least loan them out to save wages. We are rebuilding. Every penny helps.

They sold Rian Brewster, who is utterly awful, for more than £20m to Sheffield United just last summer.

As for your point about not being able to sell Kenny, I don't think anyone is expecting a large fee for him but I see no reason why we can't fetch a modest fee of say £8m for a right back who is still in his early 20s and has played a number of games in the Premier League and Bundesliga already in his career.

I rate Kenny even less than you do, but I would expect a capable DoF being able to shift him permanently if we saw no future for him here, which we obviously don't.

They sold Rian Brewster, who is utterly awful, for more than £20m to Sheffield United just last summer.

As for your point about not being able to sell Kenny, I don't think anyone is expecting a large fee for him but I see no reason why we can't fetch a modest fee of say £8m for a right back who is still in his early 20s and has played a number of games in the Premier League and Bundesliga already in his career.

I rate Kenny even less than you do, but I would expect a capable DoF being able to shift him permanently if we saw no future for him here, which we obviously don't.

Brewster wasn’t awful at Liverpool, he was highly rated. It wasn’t as much of a day light robbery as Ibe and Solanke. They probably got had off when they sold Ings though so swings and roundabouts.

I just don’t know if championship or league one sides have 8 million to spend on a very poor right back. Like I said I think they could dip into their academies and find any right back they had there and he’d probably be similar to Kenny. He’s extremely poor, unbelievably slow, weak in the air, and poor at crossing. Why would anyone pay us money for him? If he was on the market we wouldn’t spend 8 mill on him so why would a club poorer than us use far more of their budget to give us that amount?

Bet he set his alarm for 10am this morning the lazy fraud.

Quick shower, light breakfast then off to FF to use our swimming pool facilities. 12pm Sauna and then sneak into the canteen as Maureen has saved him a chicken pasta behind the counter.

2pm - 4pm hide in the bogs and ignore all calls

5pm - tells Carlo nothing doing so time to go home

5.30pm - stops off at KFC for a family bucket which he will not be sharing with anyone

6pm - 9pm ignores all calls from Carlo, Moshiri and Kenwright

9.30pm texts Maureen and asks her whats on the FF menu for lunch tomorrow

10pm watches a couple of episodes of Cobra Kai and downs a nice bottle of white he found in Carlos office

11pm texts Carlo, Moshiri and Kenwright and apologies for not responding sooner. Says hes got food poisoning and that Maureen who works at the FF canteen should be sacked.

11.15pm puts his facepack on and goes to bed.

Bet he set his alarm for 10am this morning the lazy fraud.

Quick shower, light breakfast then off to FF to use our swimming pool facilities. 12pm Sauna and then sneak into the canteen as Maureen has saved him a chicken pasta behind the counter.

2pm - 4pm hide in the bogs and ignore all calls

5pm - tells Carlo nothing doing so time to go home

5.30pm - stops off at KFC for a family bucket which he will not be sharing with anyone

6pm - 9pm ignores all calls from Carlo, Moshiri and Kenwright

9.30pm texts Maureen and asks her whats on the FF menu for lunch tomorrow

10pm watches a couple of episodes of Cobra Kai and downs a nice bottle of white he found in Carlos office

11pm texts Carlo, Moshiri and Kenwright and apologies for not responding sooner. Says hes got food poisoning and that Maureen who works at the FF canteen should be sacked.

11.15pm puts his facepack on and goes to bed.

Brands rn

tenor.png

Brewster wasn’t awful at Liverpool, he was highly rated. It wasn’t as much of a day light robbery as Ibe and Solanke. They probably got had off when they sold Ings though so swings and roundabouts.

I just don’t know if championship or league one sides have 8 million to spend on a very poor right back. Like I said I think they could dip into their academies and find any right back they had there and he’d probably be similar to Kenny. He’s extremely poor, unbelievably slow, weak in the air, and poor at crossing. Why would anyone pay us money for him? If he was on the market we wouldn’t spend 8 mill on him so why would a club poorer than us use far more of their budget to give us that amount?
If Brewster came through at Everton we'd never see anything close to £20m for him. Probably the wrong thread but they get extremely good money for their dross and we can't give ours away for nothing. There has to be a reason.

I'm not saying for a moment that we should be able to flog players like Kenny for £20m, but surely there has to be some middle ground between selling them for premiums like Liverpool do and loaning players out for about 3 seasons and let their contracts run down which seems to be our go-to method at the moment - all whilst subsidising about 50% of their wages.

Just because we wouldn't spend £8m on someone like Kenny, I don't think you can extrapolate that to the rest of the footballing world and declare that he is unsellable. Although it doesn't feel like it just a few days after being ran ragged by one of the worst teams in the league, but there a far worse teams out there than us where Kenny would probably fare quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.