Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to take time isnt it?

The big priority for him was the clear out (Remember all these? Schneiderlin,Garbutt,Stekelenburg,Sandro Ramirez,Yannick Bolasie,Cenk Tosun,Theo Walcott,Oumar Niasse,Cuco Martina,Shani Tarashaj etc).

We then have the FFP capacity/bandwidth to spend and strengthen.

It wasn't that long ago we were taking this side, with Allardyce as manager, to Arsenal;

Pickford

Keane, Williams, Mangala

Kenny Schneiderlin Gueye Martina

Walcott Niasse Bolasie

The missed opportunities are a kick in the balls but I think at the start of the season - 99% of fans would have snapped your hands off for the table as it stands after 28 games - with a win at Anfield/still in the FA Cup.
christ on a bike, that side was horrific. How quickly we forget

Still question how much of that was Silva’s influence considering we’d looked at him earlier in that window

Gomes, £22m doesnt look good value now
Gbamin, £25m we will never see if he was worth the money we paid, we defo wont make this outlay back
Fabian Delph, £8.5m and stuck at Everton like leach on massive wages
Bernard, Free but sat on £120k per week
Moise Kean, £25m couldn`t hack it in the PL, loaned out. My turn a profit....
Mina, Is he worth £27m? I seriously doubt we could sell him for that price

The good signings he has made in Allan (30), James (29) and Doucoure (28). Obv they will have little sell on value......

Ben Godfrey has proved he is worth the £20m we paid for him and could potentially be a top PL defender, he certainly has all the attributes. Richarlison and Digne have proved good signings.

Lets look at others :-

Jonas Lossl, Why? Just another waste of a signing fee and wages for a few years
Jarrard Branthwaite, probably one for the future but not pulling trees up at Blackburn in the Championship
Niels Nkounkou, Cant get a game so obv considered not good enough yet
Robin Olson, not as good as Pickford and probably been found out. Would be more wasted money if we signed him permanently.

So I`d say 6 good signings which cost the club £115m and 8 bad signings costing a further £110m and 2 for the future.

But how much are those bad signings stealing from the club each week? Got to be £300k a week or more!

Still question how much of that was Silva’s influence considering we’d looked at him earlier in that window
Where did you dream that one up ,looking at your post you mention a slightly above average left back and a always injured centre half great marcel

If you think he had anything to do with allan and james then sadly your mad. all carlo i think as for doucoure then that was silva who told him he was good, just like he told him about richarlison .
If you read what I stated, Brands negotiated the deals which include contract length, amount of money, options to extend deals, clauses etc. Brands does that not Carlo. Carlo did entice Allan and James, but it's Brands who tied up the deals and dealt with the extras.

Is this nob head staying with us or what? His contract expires in 3 months doesn’t it.

I hope we are looking at getting deals sorted now as opposed to waiting until the summer and dragging it out.

If you think he had anything to do with allan and james then sadly your mad. all carlo i think as for doucoure then that was silva who told him he was good, just like he told him about richarlison .
Thought Brands already had a thread.

And "you're mad" not "your." Don't get me started on the rest.

If you're going to cast aspersions about someone's sanity, at least get your grammar correct.

Christ.

Lost a Game have we?

Iwobi aside, (shortly followed by Gomes and does Delph even count at £8m?) has he signed anyone bad?

Doucoure, Godfrey were his signings and you could argue they’ve been two of the stand out performers of the season.

We’re still recovering from the half arsed efforts of Walsh and Koeman, it takes time. Any form of Europe is an over achievement.

We’re thin on effective midfielders, but he’s aware and we’ve brought in James, we’ve brought in Doucoure and Allan, we’re improving.
He’ll know what needs sorting is a creative midfielder in the middle, and some wingers who beat the first man.
Iwobi was a panic buy, and we’ll have learned our mistakes from it.

But my question to the OP Is... who we getting in? And then, do you think it’s Brands who instructs Gomes and co, to misplace passes?

Christ.

Lost a Game have we?

Iwobi aside, (shortly followed by Gomes and does Delph even count at £8m?) has he signed anyone bad?

Doucoure, Godfrey were his signings and you could argue they’ve been two of the stand out performers of the season.

We’re still recovering from the half arsed efforts of Walsh and Koeman, it takes time. Any form of Europe is an over achievement.

We’re thin on effective midfielders, but he’s aware and we’ve brought in James, we’ve brought in Doucoure and Allan, we’re improving.
He’ll know what needs sorting is a creative midfielder in the middle, and some wingers who beat the first man.
Iwobi was a panic buy, and we’ll have learned our mistakes from it.

But my question to the OP Is... who we getting in? And then, do you think it’s Brands who instructs Gomes and co, to misplace passes?

"Who are we getting in"

Lets hope its not Adama Traore lol

We then have the FFP capacity/bandwidth to spend and strengthen.

It wasn't that long ago we were taking this side, with Allardyce as manager, to Arsenal;

Pickford

Keane, Williams, Mangala

Kenny Schneiderlin Gueye Martina

Walcott Niasse Bolasie

And the man finished eighth with those carthorses. West Brom's players are BAD.

Thank you for putting the side's progression in perspective so neatly.

So I`d say 6 good signings which cost the club £115m and 8 bad signings costing a further £110m and 2 for the future.

But how much are those bad signings stealing from the club each week? Got to be £300k a week or more!

Believe it or not, 50/50 is a pretty good track record. Look at other clubs' signings sometime.

Then there's the fact that Mina was obviously a good signing (starting CB that contributes goals when we *had* to have the signing not bust at the time), that Kean is a perfectly fine signing that we won't lose on, and that the jury is still out on Gbamin - a signing where there was no way to predict what would happen.

If there's a complaint, it's that bricks like Iwobi and Delph have been particularly bad.

Given the constraints that he's under, he's doing well. You want to complain about wasted money and no progress, go look at Woodward's record. Lord only knows where they'd be if Fernandes hadn't been a home run.

And the man finished eighth with those carthorses. West Brom's players are BAD.

Thank you for putting the side's progression in perspective so neatly.

We finished that season with 49 points. 26 points from 4th.

We're on 46 points now with 10 games to go. 5 points (+game in hand) from 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.