Marcelo Bielsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is a few more twists and turns yet tbh. Dom King seems to think we don't want a Dyche or Gravylord unless we really have no option. Moshiri seems to be pushing for Bielsa which I get but it's a bit late in the day imo and should have been done during the World Cup break. Thelwell seems to push for Corberan which is school of Bielsa in the attacking sense but with a bit more thought and a bit less of the kamikaze nature about it. Then there is the other names like Ralph, his record at Southampton is not great I know but it wasn't bad at RB Leipzig. Then there are the names like Marcelino and Tedesco and Favre who we should look at but won't.
I think Thelwell will push hard for Hassenhutl and Corberan...think he'll believe he can work with them better than the others suggested.

So if he does get it, he will have £££££ to spend

Probably comes down to contract specifics (pay, relegation payout, etc.) plus he needs some time to evaluate Thelwell's targets. I find it doubtful that we'd be able to pull together deals for brand new players that Bielsa requests, especially because we'll spend half the week trying to convince Bielsa himself. Maybe a late loan for Dan James or something like that at the most.

Hardly surprising.

If I was a manager I wouldn’t touch our club with a barge pole. It’s not a very attractive proposition: verbal abuse from your own fans, toxic atmosphere, no money to spend on players, a chance that you might go down in history as the man who took down an iconic club that has never been relegated from the Premier League….

But that’s the nature of the game isn’t it? It’s also easy for me to sit here saying ‘Christ these lads can’t pass a ball 5 yards they’re crap’ knowing full well that they’re a thousand times better at football than I’ll ever be.

It’s not my job to know who the best up and coming managers in Holland, Portugal and Germany are, so I have no idea. I expect the people who are getting paid to know that to be able to tell me though. I cannot accept that the best candidates for a highly paid job in the most popular league in the world are 3 out of work blokes who were sacked in their last jobs for failing to do exactly what we’re going to ask them to do here, it’s inconceivable, whether I can make better candidates or not.

I’ve got no idea what the selection criteria is though. What if it’s prem experience, wage less than x per week, experience of keeping teams in the league, available to start immediately? If that’s the criteria then you very quickly end up with a list that looks like Bielsa, Hasenhuttl, Dyche. The problem is that Everton fans have no idea what the board are selecting on so are expecting us to be going after ‘insert up and coming progressive continental manager with zero risk here’

Almost every single rumoured candidate has been met with overwhelming negativity by fans on here but there’s a reality to our situation, we have to pick a manager that will actually want to come here, could get themselves available, that we can afford, and might be able to use the players we have and be aligned with the transfer strategy we have.

What if all these considerations are taken and the best candidates turn out to be the names we are linked with? We can moan about it all we want but I’ve not seen many people put forward realistic alternatives at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back