Marcelo Bielsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a good point!

This doom and gloom stuff is absurd. Newcastle were in a far worse situation this time last season.
And then they were bought by Saudi Arabia, changed their manager, spent money, and brought in reinforcements.

Everton, on the other hand, are not for sale, are up the creek without a paddle, and are desperately trying to flog players to raise cash.

Yes the doom and gloom is so absurd.

If we’re not looking at any of these fellas:

Marcelo Gallardo
Lucien Favre
Domenico Tedesco
Marcelino
Joachim Low
Jorge Sampaoli

Then I’m all aboard the El Loco train - get him in, pay him whatever he wants and let him do his thing.

If we’re going to go with dyche, bistotits, Rooney, big dunc or bloody alpine klopp Im not sure I can be bothered.

If we’re not looking at any of these fellas:

Marcelo Gallardo
Lucien Favre
Domenico Tedesco
Marcelino
Joachim Low
Jorge Sampaoli

Then I’m all aboard the El Loco train - get him in, pay him whatever he wants and let him do his thing.

If we’re going to go with dyche, bistotits, Rooney, big dunc or bloody alpine klopp Im not sure I can be bothered.
Bistotits as one word sounds quite exotic, I bet he’d play good progressive attacking football.
I’m all in on Big Bistotits now.

I’ve got no idea what the selection criteria is though. What if it’s prem experience, wage less than x per week, experience of keeping teams in the league, available to start immediately? If that’s the criteria then you very quickly end up with a list that looks like Bielsa, Hasenhuttl, Dyche. The problem is that Everton fans have no idea what the board are selecting on so are expecting us to be going after ‘insert up and coming progressive continental manager with zero risk here’

Almost every single rumoured candidate has been met with overwhelming negativity by fans on here but there’s a reality to our situation, we have to pick a manager that will actually want to come here, could get themselves available, that we can afford, and might be able to use the players we have and be aligned with the transfer strategy we have.

What if all these considerations are taken and the best candidates turn out to be the names we are linked with? We can moan about it all we want but I’ve not seen many people put forward realistic alternatives at all.
Well that’s kind of the point mate, I don’t believe the selection criteria should be anything like that. We have consistently made bad appointments over the last 10 years, to argue otherwise is very much in bad faith. Selecting a manager using the same criteria as we’ve used on all the occasions when it hasn’t worked seems like a pretty daft idea to me. At the end of the day though, I’m a fully functioning adult not a 12 year old kid, so I’m aware that I’m just howling in the wind and the board will do whatever they want. On that basis, me putting forward my own suggestions would make no difference whatsoever.

A manager who’s transformed a toxic Arsenal to being clear at the top of the table and on course for 100 points would have done better at Everton than what we’ve had, mates.
Perhaps, just feeling depressed with it all! Bloomin sick of the tabloids aswell, they just seem to want to twist the knife. Best to not read and try to stay positive.
Look at the mess Man City were in once upon a time....1995 to 2000 they were a shambles? Supporters stuck with them and now look at them. In my opinion they are a smaller club with much less history than us! Lets keep hope and try to support the best we can, things will get better.

Perhaps, just feeling depressed with it all! Bloomin sick of the tabloids aswell, they just seem to want to twist the knife. Best to not read and try to stay positive.
Look at the mess Man City were in once upon a time....1995 to 2000 they were a shambles? Supporters stuck with them and now look at them. In my opinion they are a smaller club with much less history than us! Lets keep hope and try to support the best we can, things will get better.
Depressed would be an apt word as we lurch from one crisis to another almost by the hour mate. I was thinking Arsenal would be a good example it can be turned around but City are a better example considering where they were. Surely our time must come too? We’ve put the hard yards in!

Your opinion is wrong.

Why would anyone want a manager who wants us to spend on a certain type of defender just to fit his one way of playing? We are crying out for attackers and he’s meant to want a certain type of defender. He’s supposed to manage us, not us manage him.

Would it mean the return of the man…..
43F24526-7B65-4350-B538-822474A66809.webp

And then they were bought by Saudi Arabia, changed their manager, spent money, and brought in reinforcements.

Everton, on the other hand, are not for sale, are up the creek without a paddle, and are desperately trying to flog players to raise cash.

Yes the doom and gloom is so absurd.
They spent £90m in January, if we do that I might have confidence We’ll emulate them. Be a busy few days if we’re planning on equalling that , doesn’t seem particularly likely .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back