Marcelo Bielsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlos Corboran would be a much safer bet imo and obviously he is somewhat cut from the same cloth as Bielsa. Plus he is younger so could be here for a complete rebuild to bring the club forward and he is hell of a lot cheaper. I can't see him wanting to stay at the Baggies if Everton comes calling. He was Bielsa's number 2 at Leeds and the Baggies Board and owner make Moshiri & Co look like a top-class group of professionals. Also, Corboran has no money to spend at Baggies so he is well qualified.

He was at Leeds for nearly 4 years! He’s just a lazy fat b@stard. Needs an overturned bucket cos he can’t stand up for 45 minutes.

Haha he is many things but lazy is not one of them. For example, he regulary slept at the training ground so he could work as much as possible. I do think that he’s got autism, and he is very special, stubborn and strict with his ways. but he’s very bright. He’s got severe back issues and that’s why he’s on a bucket or crouching during games. But yeah, that part is a bit weird as well, but he’s brilliant.

Well, at least we'd see the ball moving forwards.......

Certainly an interesting appointment with the current squad.....

Man Utd - Leeds 5-1
Leeds - Liverpool 0-3
Man City - Leeds 7-0
Leeds - Arsenal 1-4
Everton - Leeds 3-0
Leeds - Man Utd 2-4
Liverpool - Leeds 6-0
Leeds - Spurs 0-4

From his last season only, and what to expect if this "one trick pony" comes anywhere near the club.

My main concern is nobody in our team can score. I mean I’ve always loved his teams, I remember when Bilbao went to old Trafford and destroyed them

We just don’t have people who can put the round thing in the net
This true but half the problem with that is we don’t get enough body’s in dangerous areas , that wouldn’t be a problem with this fella if we can add one or two more attacking options before the window shuts.

These players can’t play pragmatic football let’s try the gung ho style.

This true but half the problem with that is we don’t get enough body’s in dangerous areas , that wouldn’t be a problem with this fella if we can add one or two more attacking options before the window shuts.

These players can’t play pragmatic football let’s try the gung ho style.
I just keep having these visions of Gray losing it doing 35 step overs and then one long ball over the top.

Then, in actual slow motion, you see Coady Tarkowski and Coleman all turning like the titanic as the opposition attacker blows past them like the flash

Man Utd - Leeds 5-1
Leeds - Liverpool 0-3
Man City - Leeds 7-0
Leeds - Arsenal 1-4
Everton - Leeds 3-0
Leeds - Man Utd 2-4
Liverpool - Leeds 6-0
Leeds - Spurs 0-4

From his last season only, and what to expect if this "one trick pony" comes anywhere near the club.
So, his teams get hammered by the top clubs in the country.

I think I'll risk that as opposed to:

Bournemouth 4-1 Everton
Bournemouth 3-0 Everton
Everton 1-2 Wolves
Everton 1-4 Brighton
Everton 1-2 Southampton
West Ham 2-0 Everton

From the last two months only...

Bielsa suffered a massive injury crisis in his final season at Leeds. He has actually achieved things in his career - to the extent that he has a stadium in Rosario named after him. I suspect he'd be a slight upgrade on Frankenstein.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back