Marcelo Bielsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't help but feel that Moshiri is driving the bus and Moshiri is now trying hard to please the fans. But do the fans know best? Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
Cards on the table, I'd go for an attritional-type manager, who might grind out enough points for survival.

I'm all in on him. I hope he stands (squats) in the dugout with a grenade in his hand every single game. "One boo and I'm pulling the pin out"

The squatting thing.... he must have knees of titanium. I'm about 27 years younger than him and I bend down like that I'm fighting with gravity and creeks in my kneecap to stand upright and even then my legs are saying don't do that again.

Can't help but feel that Moshiri is driving the bus and Moshiri is now trying hard to please the fans. But do the fans know best? Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
Cards on the table, I'd go for an attritional-type manager, who might grind out enough points for survival.
I don’t think he’s going with Bielsa to appease the fans.

I doubt anybody had him down as a serious candidate until it was obvious we were clearly considering it.

He’d have probably been the last name I’d have recommended to work with this group of players in the position we’re in, but it’s got potentially too much entertainment value (in a car crash that you can’t look away from kind of way) for me to not be on board.

One of a few incredibly wrong assumptions about Bielsa tbh.

"He's the guy for a long term project" - no, he isn't, not necessarily anyway.
"Win lose or draw, at least it'll be entertaining" - no, Bielsaball done badly would be as bad as Dycheball done badly. When it's your club, only winning is entertaining.
Yeah I’m with you.

I’m just confused as to where these myths have come from to be honest. I keep seeing people saying he’s the perfect man for a rebuild but there is literally nothing whatsoever in his CV (since he’s been managing in Europe at least) to support it. The only thing vaguely similar is at Leeds, but it was a very different situation there considering they were already in the championship, and how well it’s gone as a sustained improvement to the club is still very much to be seen.

Same with people saying ‘it’ll either be a disaster or the best thing ever’. I can definitely see how it could be a disaster. But he’s done nothing in management to suggest he can be an actual, unqualified, success. Realistically it could be a disaster or it could be alright, same as most people.

I can understand people saying they want him because of his style of play, or because they think he’ll do alright or whatever, but insisting that he’s going to start doing things he’s never done before at this stage of his career is a bit weird.

Last edited:
The thing that worries me about Bielsa is how he set Leeds up just before the Christmas (I think) he got sacked - I think they played four games and lost 21-0 on aggregate, including 7-0 to City. At what point do you close the door and say enough is enough in terms of still trying to attack. It seemed he was stuck in his ways when the tactics were clearly failing in those games. Personally I don’t want to be seeing hammerings week after week.

I don’t think he’s going with Bielsa to appease the fans.

I doubt anybody had him down as a serious candidate until it was obvious we were clearly considering it.

He’d have probably been the last name I’d have recommended to work with this group of players in the position we’re in, but it’s got potentially too much entertainment value (in a car crash that you can’t look away from kind of way) for me to not be on board.
I can kind of believe that he’s got annoyed/confused at always being seen as doing the wrong thing, so has asked his lackies ‘what do the fans actually want though?’. Someone’s come back saying the fans want high energy front foot football and he’s gone ‘right, who can we get that will give them that (thst I’ve heard of and is out of work) so they shut up moaning’.

Yeah I’m with you.

I’m just confused as to where these myths have come from to be honest. I keep seeing people saying he’s the perfect man for a rebuild but there is literally nothing whatsoever in his CV (since he’s been managing in Europe at least) to support it. The only thing vaguely similar is at Leeds, but it was a very different situation there considering they were already in the championship, and how well it’s gone as a sustained improvement to the club is still very much to be seen.

Same with people saying ‘it’ll either be a disaster or the best thing ever’. I can definitely see how it could be a disaster. But he’s done nothing in management to suggest he can be an actual, unqualified, success. It could be a disaster or it could be alright, same as most people.

I can understand people saying they want him because of his style of play, or because they think he’ll do alright or whatever, but insisting that he’s going to start doing things he’s never done before at this stage of his career is a bit weird.
The big thing with him for me is that if ever there was football club that needed a culture shock it's us. He would do just that and he wouldn't put up with any of the nonsense from the boardroom either. Maybe finally we could step into modern day football instead of living in the past all the time.

Pipe down Pep, let’s hear the thoughts of single, middle-aged men typing furiously on GOT while still living in their childhood bedrooms please.
That just proves he's a fraud. The Kiss of death.

Pep always praises the managers he beats senseless, it's become a running Joke how Pep will win a game 7-0 and talk about how tough it was and how great the opposition manager is, something he actually did against Bielsa's Leeds. He never does it when he feels threatened.

He wasn't praising Tuchel when he sparked him 3 times in a row including the CL final, Or Ten Haag this season just like Wenger wasn't praising Big Sam when his Bolton booted them all over the Reebok and beat them fairly often.

of course no manager would praise another manager who always plays open football and gets regularly cut apart by the top teams, Pep wouldn't do that at all.

Wonder what people here will say about Pep praising Bielsa after the game after Haaland puts his 8th past Pickford.

The big thing with him for me is that if ever there was football club that needed a culture shock it's us. He would do just that and he wouldn't put up with any of the nonsense from the boardroom either. Maybe finally we could step into modern day football instead of living in the past all the time.
I get that. It’s actually why I’m so concerned about it. He won’t put up with nonsense from
the boardroom, but I have no reason to believe that the board are going to stop their nonsense, so what then? I don’t doubt that he’s a perfectly good manager who could do well here, but I just don’t see him as being so good that we take the risk of him losing his rag and jibbing it again at the first sign of the board doing what it’s patently obvious they can’t stop themselves from doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.