Marco Silva: Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down?

• Thumbs Up

Votes: 681 89.5%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 80 10.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another ex-defender takes charge at Everton. I'm feeling quite optimistic, but not getting too carried away. He seems very positive and genuine, and keen to get us moving in the right direction. Welcome to Everton Marco, here's to a long and, hopefully, successful partnership :pint2:

I can sense a quick delve into the transfer market by Marco.

I said a few weeks ago both Silva and Brands would have been plotting away months ago.

Everton seem to be well drilled and decisive in what they are doing at the moment and I expect transfers to be lined up and completed quickly.

Wonder who will be first in...

“Chairman Bill Kenwright said: “In Marco and Marcel we welcome a pair of sportsmen whose statements of intent have already shown that they embrace that special quality that Evertonians look for… and with Farhad’s vigorous patronage we are looking forward to the three M’s, Marco Marcel and Moshiri, help take the Blues back to their rightful position among football’s elite.”
Oh God, get him out already....

I said a few weeks ago both Silva and Brands would have been plotting away months ago.

Everton seem to be well drilled and decisive in what they are doing at the moment and I expect transfers to be lined up and completed quickly.

marco has been sat on his couch since January, he better have a list of players by now.

6357708234697109481409465464_homer.jpg

Honestly tired of the initially excited/decline/hate cycle with managers. Just gonna stay indifferent and see what he does.

May depend on Outs as well though - with the number of Pros on the books, I imagine our wage bill is hefty and close to the limits on %turnover for FFP.

lol

No way Pellegrini is playing it safe, that's got relegation written all over it. Sam Allardyce is playing it safe. Pellegrini struggled to do anything with decent teams and he's about 168 now, no thanks.
I'm pretty happy with Silva he's a young, progressive, attack minded manager who likes to use the youth, much in the mould of Pochettino. Hopefully he goes one further than than him and manages to win cup.
Pellegrini would be like going back to the days of Walter Smith.

I take the point Dave, but in the eyes of the footballing world, if we finish lower than 8th then it becomes even more unjustified that we sacked Allardyce and the narrative becomes that we have finished mid table in 4 out of 5 seasons and the only reason we finished higher was because if Allardyce. We need a consistency in our finishing positions, which should be 7/8 place. Slipping back from here and we are 'mid table' in the eyes of most. Sadly we can't slip back and afford Silva any grace period. He has to finish 8th as a minimum with progress towards top 6 then we are 'one to watch' and able to upset the established order. That's where we can attract the best prospects.
We finished 7th in 16/17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back