Homepage Article Marco Silva Everton Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
still have nightmares about that millwall cup game,
both gueye and zouma played!

This.
Goes down as one of the most telling games of recent years and one of the most embarrassing. All game their game plan was to chuck the big lanky centre half up on set pieces and corners. Not just that but he stood off our defence and came in on a running jump and was causing havoc. What did we do? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Not put a player in front of him. Check his run. Nothing. Just carried on with the useless zonal marking that they were killing.
It was this game that was the nail in the coffin that he was a bit clueless.

Shame. Had a decent end to his first season, I recall being eager for the next to start, for once. Ultimately the guy was the very epitome of "no Plan B" and it did for him in the end.

What's that saying about trying the same thing over and over, and expecting different results?

Nothing but nice things to say about him.

I mentioned it in the World Football thread, that, the job was just too soon for him, sadly.

He had us playing some great football heading into that Derby, and we should have won, but that's where his inexperience lay. Confidence hit rock bottom, and he didn't have the skillset to pick the players up.

Right decision to sack him, ultimately, but I can't say he never got the club, he just had a mess to deal with and not too much experience to build.

....I don’t think so. Silva selected Gbamin when he openly said he‘d missed pre-season training & wasn’t match fit. muscle fatigue following a few games in a short-spell is the likely cause. Brands can’t be blamed for team selection.

I agree Zouma was pivotal. I assume Brands was given assurances we could have him on a permanent, but Lampard came in & wanted a look at his squad. When Brands turned his attention to Tomori, David Luis left on the last day of the window meaning Chelsea kept all their CBs.

I suppose Brands could be blamed for assuming Zouma would be acquired.
Think playing Gbamin was a panic move,he took the risk and it ultimately cost him his job,and sadly possibly ruined the lads career.

Rubbish football manager, who got exceedingly lucky to be given the Everton job. Out of his depth from day 1, martinez mk 2 in my view, the only difference was martinez had better foundations at the start, in Moyes's well drilled defence, which he managed to ruin.

Glad to see the back of him, and the whole shambolic period.

I'm sure he was, is, a nice bloke though.

Leagues out of his depth. If he would have had a set of balls he may of actually made a better job of it.

Every fan could predict his line up and changes. Start off with a 4-2-3-1, if it’s going wrong just launch people up top

works on footy manager so why not in real life

Hard to care about this guy either way tbh

Although i do remember seeing him looking like he might cry as liverpool put 5 past us, felt a bit sorry for him then as we all knew it was over

I don't get this "nice guy" mantra I keep seeing here. He was dour AF. I don't despise him like Ido Koeman but I don't see the "likable guy but out of his depth". Just an utter clueless bloke ego never should have been hired to begin with, never had the CV to be Watfords manager much less ours.

being one of Bill's 3M's, he was always the weakest one really without the CV that the others had. Not our worst manager (BFS) in recent years or the most unlikeable (Moonhead) but he had little by way of creative management. just sent the same formation out week after week expecting something better. I wanted him to succeed but ultimately he wasn't good enough. Wasnt helped by the cowardly players who just went along with it, as some still are.
Hope he does well...

Status
Not open for further replies.