• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we are great at all. Far from it. That's why I think the last 4 home results have been very good.

We are a long long way off where I want to be but I'm more optimistic now than I was at the end of January. It's up to Silva to find more consistency and make sure next year is a marked improvement on this year.

Thats basically all my point was. No good people throwing we
So beating a top 6 side at home is not ok because they are crap away
However drawing away with a side with the second worst home record in the division is good

Yes. It was an improvement on the previous away game where we got battered by a side with even a worse record. We never gave them a sniff.

sometimes is how you play that makes a team look poor.

If thats what you want to think feel free. Im not stopping you. Do i think different. Yes. Their perfomances leading up to the game made me think we only had to work a bit harder than them to win.
Great day. Great result. But i dont need to sell it on an Everton forum. Most Evertonians deep down know it was a great time to play them.

Do you remember Shrewsbury 2003 mate ?

I do. I was there. I worked for a firm at the time about 30 miles from their place.
I thought millwall was worse. We never played well at shrewsbury obviously. But they had a day where ratcliffe had them running through brick walls. Classic small ground cup tie upset.
I dont think millwall were in our face anywhere near as much. We just defended like absolute clowns.

Well for me He's not the Messiah and he's not a very naughty boy either. Some very encouraging signs of improvement, not least in organisation of defence at set pieces - took far too long, but it is now "on track".

Also some of the play is quite exillerating, we have scored some lovely goals, but missed a hatful of easier chances. So more work to be done on finishing, but genuinely some good football and some excitement, amid some occasional bad stuff.

I'm not one to dig in and have an entrenched position, I call it as I see it without necessarily calling for the head of a manager when we have a poor run. However, credit where it is due, this is infinitely better than the utter dross we had last season and the only conclusion can be that we have a better manager and some better players.

Down to Silva - the improvement in Keane, DCL, Siggy, Gana and Coleman. Down to Brands, some good solid buys - all have done well, perhaps apart from Mina, are we going forwards? - a bit yes, but plenty more to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back