Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was illegal about it?

They must have something on us because based off of what is out there in the press I can't see what we've done that was against the rules. We go to them with compo offers and they reject them so we left them alone and they sacked him months after for under-performance which they blamed on our approach. Good luck proving that.

The only thing I can see us being in trouble for is if somehow they have proof we were sorting the deal out with Silva before talking to them.

Premier League club with a history of shady dealings trying to grass up another Premier League club for actions that, while illegal, are rife within the game.

Yeah, let us know how that one goes fellas.

Premier League club with a history of shady dealings trying to grass up another Premier League club for actions that, while illegal, are rife within the game.

we will pay thro the nose. we always do.

will probly pay PSG's fine for tapping tuchel up too

But they must have us dead to rights if we're actually entertaining giving them a single penny.

But they must have us dead to rights if we're actually entertaining giving them a single penny.

Unless they have wiretapped his agents phone or something, I cannot see how they have us on this.

He told them he wanted to go.

The crux of their argument may lie within last month's meeting where apparently we told them we wouldn't be going for Silva post-Allardyce but, again, I fail to see why that would land us in hot water.

Crying over spilt milk because we offered them stupid money in November and it never got done.

What was illegal about it?

They must have something on us because based off of what is out there in the press I can't see what we've done that was against the rules. We go to them with compo offers and they reject them so we left them alone and they sacked him months after for under-performance which they blamed on our approach. Good luck proving that.

The only thing I can see us being in trouble for is if somehow they have proof we were sorting the deal out with Silva before talking to them.

This is my point aswell, Watford fans are coming out with "your banged to rights" but with what??? Under the letter of the law we done nothing wrong, you can argue we shown little class in not accepting no, but clubs have every right to keep making increased bids for players/managers Silva could have easily turned us down but never. I'll be fuming if we have to pay these clowns a penny but it sounds like we probably will end up doing so.

Im warming to Silva more than Fonesca, but Emery should be given an interview, the fact we havent looked elswhere in months is somewhat concerning.

Unless they have wiretapped his agents phone or something, I cannot see how they have us on this.

He told them he wanted to go.

The crux of their argument may lie within last month's meeting where apparently we told them we wouldn't be going for Silva post-Allardyce but, again, I fail to see why that would land us in hot water.

Crying over spilt milk because we offered them stupid money in November and it never got done.
Then why are we even bothering with the adjudications with the FA and offering compensation after he was sacked? Why even entertain the allegation if we're squeaky clean?

There's one thing to be said about maintaining good relations but with these bells and for what they're asking?

Why would we even bother with that meeting? If we did nothing wrong we should have told them to stuff it and let them make their complaint.

I can't work it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back