Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva is so underwhelming however I have really enjoyed reading back the last few pages. Love oppo fans coming on here thinking they have been hard done by.

Love our club being snide now.

brands and van gaal have won trophies together at PSV...

Louis Van Gaal has never played for or managed PSV.

If you're slating Silva and comparing him to other managers it's a good idea (I think) to know about their managerial careers, style of play and formations etc...

The team they linked up at was AZ.

Unless he hits the ground running he'll be a dead man walking. This coming season turns out anything other than a resounding improvement in all aspects then he needs firing out of a cannon.

He's the wrong choice mate. Vault me.

I'm not massively convinced on him either - I like him but have my doubts.

I also have my doubts over Fonseca, and I have my doubts over Emery.

I mean, why not go left-field and get a nutter like Bielsa, ey?

Fact is unless you're a top club in the CL, you have to take a big risk on a manager - whoever it is - when you're in a position like we are, i.e. wanting to push on and compete for that top 6 to be a top 7.

A 'safe' appointment would be Dyche, but I doubt we're going to go that way anyway.

Arsenal are taking the bigger risk for me. All clubs have to take a risk at some point, and i suppose all managerial appointments are.

The footy journo`s all know, the bookies all know, that like it or not, Silva is the next manager.

Slightly underwhelming, with elements of risk - he`s the next Martinez / if does well and will try to jump ship at the first( a la Watford ).

He`s not even here and some are turning on him.

Can we not just give him a chance and see how it goes ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back