Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva: 100% underwhelmed but I think either a) Nobody else wanted to come or b) They couldn't be arsed looking

His record is pretty solid, and he can't be much worse than Allardyce. If he's given the job then we as fans need to support him and support the teams he puts out. If performances don't improve, then that's different. But if we want to progress then we need to show at least a modicum of unity between squad, management and fanbase!

His record is pretty solid, and he can't be much worse than Allardyce. If he's given the job then we as fans need to support him and support the teams he puts out. If performances don't improve, then that's different. But if we want to progress then we need to show at least a modicum of unity between squad, management and fanbase!

I think they will, i dont really want us to go for him but i totally accept we will be, and will be %100 behind him, however I just hope the crowd at Goodison, where it counts can get past this childish "we only sing when where winning" mentality and actually start supporting the team.
Over recently years the lack of support combined with abuse thrown at the players hasnt helped, at times its a bit embarrassing

Please don’t remind me I’m having a peaceful evening
Put nightmare on elm street to sooth youlol
Second thoughts more like nightmare in Goal - Tim Coward on about Baines being finished he played three seasons too much in goal star jumps eyes closed etc etc
Baines is now injury prone slow seldom gets forwards needs replacing definitely- top,salary too!

I think they will, i dont really want us to go for him but i totally accept we will be, and will be %100 behind him, however I just hope the crowd at Goodison, where it counts can get past this childish "we only sing when where winning" mentality and actually start supporting the team.
Over recently years the lack of support combined with abuse thrown at the players hasnt helped, at times its a bit embarrassing
He's sadly over the hill - been a great left back - end of!

Tell me about it. As a Yeovil fan, we have the same problem. It also seems to be a case that fans decide a player isn't worth it no matter what they do. At YTFC, a player can score four goals in a match, provide two assists and clear a shot off the line all in 90 minutes, but the fans will still boo him because he had a bad match four weeks before and they 'can never forgive him for it'. It seems to be that sort of atmosphere at Goodison recently: the fans are waiting for someone to mess up and when they do, the vultures start circling.

I see the media are peddling the fake rumours about him being wanted elsewhere so we think he's actually desirable. Vague sentences about "China" and "European clubs". In this day and age if he spoke to anyone it'd be reported like actual news with pictures and fact, not this usual football speculation BS the so called journalists associated with this sport produce.

Silva: 100% underwhelmed but I think either a) Nobody else wanted to come or b) They couldn't be arsed looking
I am hoping it is more a case of Moshiri sticking to his guns! He wanted him last time and it didnt happen, so he has gone back in for the feller he wants. That would at least demonstrate forward planning and and consistency of strategy. The point is we’ll never know, so we either have to bck this lad 100% or just stay away from the ground. As has been mentioned, the atmospher at Goodison has been both missing and toxic? A weird combination and not one that will benefit our players, our coach or in the long term, our standing in the league.

So right or wrong, committed or deluded, i am determined to look forward tomthe coming season. We have a feller who wants to play attacking togger and another who wants to bring in exciting young talent. That combination is just what we need to put some joy back into the fanbase, so hopefully we will see a much more entertaining team and a much more positive Goodison Park next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back