Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is Dave they weren’t refuseniks.
They performed well in the first season with each manager.
Bobbys inability to organise a defence cost him and Koeman inability to replace Lukaku cost him.
That's what I said: they adapted initially to avoid the finger getting pointed at them when they finally downed tools.

We all know what we have in that dressing room: an Everton Anarcho-Syndicalist cadre. They wont be told what to do by anyone. No discipline. They need to be turfed out in a monumental Stalinist purge. Once and for all: big showdown.

Fffs, Estoril sounds like the kind of stuff my granny used to get addicted to. His track record in Portugal is, relatively speaking, a long time ago and utterly irrelevant. There wasn't much he could do about Hull, but his stint with Watford is worrying imo
If those stats dont convince you that he adopted a different way of playing outside the PL then I'm sorry, you cant be told.

I don't think so. It's almost like they're sticking with Silva as a sort of apology for getting him fired from Watford. I thought with the new info we've had on him since January, we'd at least consider other candidates, but I've never gotten the sense that that's the case

The point really is that it is all speculation. No-one here knows whether Silva was "appointed" last October, whether it will be today, tomorrow or Friday? We don't know who the club have spoken to, we don't know even if they have. I know when I was recruiting, I knew who I wanted and had to go through a whole process to get the person I wanted and could have appointed at least 1 month earlier.

Same applies, if Moshiri has decided that's his man, then it's his toy, his money, he gets to choose. Personally I don't mind conceding 5 every game if we score 6. It has to be more exciting than that season of dross we have just endured.

I don't think so. It's almost like they're sticking with Silva as a sort of apology for getting him fired from Watford. I thought with the new info we've had on him since January, we'd at least consider other candidates, but I've never gotten the sense that that's the case

Hahaha what? Come on Prev mert, that’s a bit of a mental thing to say.

That's how I see it.

Not been a serious whisper of his even sniffing at anyone else since Fonseca signed his contract and even him I don't believe we approached tbh.
I take what you are saying but we don't know whether or not there have been discussions with anyone else - people are just assuming there haven't been.

Also, if it is the case that we have wanted Silva since November, isn't it good after several years of ill-thought out, poorly planned profligacy that we appear at least to have a plan in place?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back